I'd estimate there's like 80%-90% there wont be a strike based on what Carol Tome has said

MilkTheBrownCow

It's time stamped starting at 4:30 she said 2 months ago that UPS will have a handshake deal done by the end of July. When I first heard that I thought to myself at the time, that's really waiting until the last minute. If you think about it though it makes sense, if you get the deal done at the last minute UPS can save money by not having to give us raises as long as possible. It's partly the Union's fault by not making July 31st the hard deadline, if they had the stance of "well you missed it, you missed it" we wouldn't be having UPS do this, but since they know they can get away and have zero incentive to get the deal done early they're gonna wait until the last minute and it's the plan all along to wait until this point, they can drag out raises as long as possible.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
but if they wait until the last minute it has to be voted on after August 1st and it would take considerable time after August 1st for it to be ratified.
The contractual raises will be effective August 1st.

Meaning if we get the new contract ratified September 1st, we'll get cut checks for our raise amount times the monthly hours we worked. (Simplified, because overtime will make that messier math.)

HarryWarden

The contractual raises will be effective August 1st.

Meaning if we get the new contract ratified September 1st, we'll get cut checks for our raise amount times the monthly hours we worked. (Simplified, because overtime will make that messier math.)
1690235229966.gif