I'd estimate there's like 80%-90% there wont be a strike based on what Carol Tome has said

Steamer

It's time stamped starting at 4:30 she said 2 months ago that UPS will have a handshake deal done by the end of July. When I first heard that I thought to myself at the time, that's really waiting until the last minute. If you think about it though it makes sense, if you get the deal done at the last minute UPS can save money by not having to give us raises as long as possible. It's partly the Union's fault by not making July 31st the hard deadline, if they had the stance of "well you missed it, you missed it" we wouldn't be having UPS do this, but since they know they can get away and have zero incentive to get the deal done early they're gonna wait until the last minute and it's the plan all along to wait until this point, they can drag out raises as long as possible.

I'd estimate there's like 80%-90% that 80%-90% of estimates are just made up numbers.​

FozziesDeliveries

1000006949.gif

JL 0513

I can't think of a single benefit to Tome' or any CEO who's company strikes. The fallout is much worse to them than lower or even much lower earnings from increasing compensation. So you have to wonder why she'd let it happen other than if O'Brien's demands are just impossible to meet and earn any profit at all.

Then the whole strategy of holding ground and letting a strike occur only to have to give in later for the strike to end makes little sense either. Now you're damaged as a company and still have to pay more.

Over70irregs

It's time stamped starting at 4:30 she said 2 months ago that UPS will have a handshake deal done by the end of July. When I first heard that I thought to myself at the time, that's really waiting until the last minute. If you think about it though it makes sense, if you get the deal done at the last minute UPS can save money by not having to give us raises as long as possible. It's partly the Union's fault by not making July 31st the hard deadline, if they had the stance of "well you missed it, you missed it" we wouldn't be having UPS do this, but since they know they can get away and have zero incentive to get the deal done early they're gonna wait until the last minute and it's the plan all along to wait until this point, they can drag out raises as long as possible.
Don’t care what she says. Like a L R politician flapping their gums keeping their base engaged.