How to take a full lunch

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
LMAO... I would have to bring in suitcase for his lunch
He starts with a few appetizers...

th

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You could pack a lunch from home, or go the pizza parlor and have a few slices. Then go to the barbershop and get the hair spiffy. Maybe smoke a cigar, drink a coffee, read a comic book. I have a driving range on my route, go hit some golf balls? Plenty of stuff to do for an hour, find a lonely lady in need of some attention.....Jesus!!!
What hair...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Back on topic for some reason........
Being the tightwad that I am, I have always packed a lunchbox for work. I have no restaurants on my area, and I don't eat fast food because its garbage. I break my lunch hour into four breaks. My first break I will take ten minutes after I get my air off. I will stop about 1:00 and park at a sub-division clubhouse under a shade tree and eat my sandwich and candy bar. That's usually a half-hour, I will read news, e-mails, social media, or make phone calls. Another ten-minute break about 3-4:00. At the end of the day, I will take the remaining ten minutes before I drive back to the building. I might take a few extra minutes to make sure I'm under compliance. NEVER take lunch back at the building, you are over-dispatched if you do that. Warn management and miss businesses if they won't fix your dispatch for a proper lunch between the third and fifth hour. Make it their problem, not yours.

35years

Gravy route
If they are really messing with me break becomes a dispatch tool. 10 to 20 min paid break before NDA is off as long as I won't have late air. Then 2nd break b4 pick ups when I am as far away from them as possible.

I only do this when they are cranking up the dispatch. But if they try to crank me on Monday because of Saturday ground...good luck.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How do you take your lunch ? Are we supposed to keep the car off for 45 minutes and don't scan? Or can we drive to our next stop and wait?
Posts like this make my head hurt.
How can these people become so hypnotized, so brainwashed, as to not understand how an unpaid lunch and paid breaks works?

I will however, try to help this person.
When you hear the fingers snap, you will awaken from your UPS induced hypnotic trans, and will once again be able to think for yourself.

Good luck and develop a filter so you aren't sucked back into your previous, pitiful condition.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our "sister" center was having issues with their "scorecard", prompting the DM to give them a later start time. The drivers collectively decided that they would all stop at 1 pm and take their full lunch and breaks. From what I have been told the resulting service failures forced the center to add two full routes.