How UPS would view this?

pissedoffmanager

Since I'm "too" old to throw boxes and I've had about enough of management positions...............next stop..........the US Post Office.................thanks for your help everyone.

Best of luck!

US Post Office has a hiring freeze right now, so you will be out of luck there....they are still giving the exams, but no hiring.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I walked into UPS with 2 College degrees, I am still in the service as an Office, Have 25 years of Teamster service as a over the road driver with double and tripple trailer rating, and was allowed to work feeders for the Christmas season only. I feel that was a gift as with all the other driver jobs I had to work my way to the top. I feel its only fair for those who put their time in too.

P

pickup

The way to do it, is to get hired as a part timer. And unless you are hard up for money,,, i would saw dont do it. Its some hard , back breaking work. Then will take years to get into driving...

But they also hire off the street sometimes for drivers. Check out the online job wanted websites... I saw a UPS ad wanting FT delivery and feeder drivers in a hub a hour south of me few months back o_0

It is my belief that he would have to have a year's experience of accident free verifiable tractor trailer experience to get a job as a seasonal off the street hire. And may I add that depending on where you work from and where you go to, you really need more experience in order to avoid accidents (ie. driving on the cross bronx express way, going over the george washington bridge. going to meadowlands facility 11:30 at night.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Don't waste time working for UPS, the physical work may not be to your liking. I'd take that MBA to a professional job placement service and see what kind of offers you get back.