how would i become a driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BobBarker, Jan 26, 2019.

1. BobBarker

BobBarker Member

i work in the hub how do i become a driver. just got hired permanent part time btw

2. rod

rod retired and happy

work-work-work

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Sweeper

Sweeper I need a bigger broom

Read more, post less, talk to a steward about what the process is to become a driver under your supplement and attend a union meeting

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If the search function is broken, instead of starting a thread, please let a moderator know (@Indecisi0n usually takes care of that.)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Active Member

Sign a ft driver bid sheet everytime it comes up and eventually you will win a bid but you still would have to qualify.

6. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Ever seen the last 20 minutes of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where he's in the Temple of the Holy Grail? The process is a lot like that. Every center and hub has a similar temple hidden underneath it with challenges you must successfully pass to become a FT driver. The temple door is typically hidden somewhere in the break room. Ask around for the secret password you'll need to get it open if you find it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

IMG_1119.JPG
    Gotta play Plinko

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

I post a pic of a fully clothed 90 year old twerking and it’s shut down within 5 minutes... I bet this will gets posted to the brown cafe hall of fame quotes page.... lmao....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

just stay in the hub , don’t become a driver. I remember when I was a young pup on preload wondering “why do all these drivers complain” and , “ why do all these long time preloaders not drive”. You will soon find the answer too my union brother ..

10. Redtag

Redtag Part on order

I screwed myself by not signing a bid when I first started at UPS. So I learned to sign any bid I am interested in. You never know you could get lucky.

We had a shop rebid last summer and I signed all the day shift bids that I knew I did not have the seniority for. Because why the hell not, anything could happen.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  11. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I am still wondering why all these drivers complain. What a bunch of babies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Depends which one of the 30 different routes I do. One route I love my job , next route I’m pulling my hair out. Extra routes are by far the best , no air , no pickups.

13. Coldworld

1989.... a finalist for the GGTD award for 2019??? (Gods Gift To Drivers)

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Pretty sounds advice

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  15. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

1989 , that’s the last year he had to learn a new route

16. Coldworld

The real question is what state and what center that was in... supposedly he has worked in more centers and buildings than anyone else in the history of ups...

17. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

sounds like another BOG driver ..

18. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

You’ve only been driving a year?

19. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

@MyTripisCut likely meant to type "pens". Mod @Indecisi0n probably understands that it's easy to accidentally slip an "i" in there when typing something like "Show me your pens", or "I could really use some good pens right now".

20. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I’m still a rookie. Haven’t driven in 10 buildings yet. Maybe I can start a career when I get my 25 year pension lock.