How's the view???........

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just arrived at Sligo, nice view of the Irish Sea from our balcony. Stopped by a pub next door to try some new beers.
IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

Intresting thing, they put the beers we order in the corresponding glasses. We inquired about it, apparently the breweries supply the glasses, except Guinness. I suppose it's a way to advertise what others are drinking as the beer market is very competitive here.

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 158250
Intresting thing, they put the beers we order in the corresponding glasses. We inquired about it, apparently the breweries supply the glasses, except Guinness. I suppose it's a way to advertise what others are drinking as the beer market is very competitive here.[/QUOTE]

That has to be a bartenders nightmare. Using the right advertising glass with each beer

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had both of these Smithwick Ales at a local Irish Pub, I like them. I like Guinness a little better. If I was in that part of the world. I would do a Guinness Brewery Tour and head to Scotland and check out the Macallan Scotch Distillery. The 12-year is my favorite single malt.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I had both of these Smithwick Ales at a local Irish Pub, I like them. I like Guinness a little better. If I was in that part of the world. i would do a Guinness Brewery Tour and had to Scotland and check out the Macallan Scotch Distillery. Their 12-year is my favorite single malt.

I believe it's pronounce Smit'icks. No 'th' or 'w'.

It is good.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I had both of these Smithwick Ales at a local Irish Pub, I like them. I like Guinness a little better. If I was in that part of the world. I would do a Guinness Brewery Tour and head to Scotland and check out the Macallan Scotch Distillery. The 12-year is my favorite single malt.
We're actually in Dublin for our last leg right now. Hitting the Guinness tour in a bit, although they don't actually brew or bottle there anymore, it's more of a museum. Hitting Teeling on the HOHO bus line before getting some drinks at Temple Bar.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That has to be a bartenders nightmare. Using the right advertising glass with each beer
Yeah, he mentioned that some of the Guinness drinkers were upset when they changed the style of glass from a smooth side to a new one with grooves in the shape of a harp.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Too many things are pumpkin....I don't need pumpkin Chex or pumpkin spice anything....except pumpkin pie with whipped cream.......regular whipped cream....not pumpkin flavored.