How's the view???........

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Good lord-all dressed up in winter clothes and still looks skinny? Whats she weigh--75 pounds?
Was almost 40 degrees when we were skiing.
Been telling her to eat more for years. Doesn't listen to dad!

I'll have to say though, there are not a lot of fat people in Colorado.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Does that water lead out to the ocean? I’ve already decided if we move to Florida I’d need an open waterway or canal to have access to the ocean.

No, this is in Sun City Center, an active 55 community about 25-30 miles from Tampa Bay. Lot of golf courses with small ponds and lakes everywhere. Very affordable too. They have subdivisions built on the coast with canals everywhere that sound like what you want.

oldngray

nowhere special
No, this is in Sun City Center, an active 55 community about 25-30 miles from Tampa Bay. Lot of golf courses with small ponds and lakes everywhere. Very affordable too. They have subdivisions built on the coast with canals everywhere that sound like what you want.
Alligators in the back yard?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
7A62BB80-7D02-4674-B2FA-DA9C2D4E3683.jpeg

The cold doesn’t seem to be bothering these draft horses.

rod

Retired 22 years
Radios back in your day were the size of a Buick though.

The first radio I ever had in a UPS truck I bought from J.C. Penney Auto Store. It cost 20 bucks and was made to put in the dash of a car. I also had a regular car antenna I made a bracket for it so I could mount it with a wing nut to the truck mirror. I realized right away that UPS was too cheap to use resistor spark plugs so all I could pick up was engine static. The faster you went the louder the static. I took it back and got a refund.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why Tampa?

It's not Atlanta........I'm ready for a change of scenery at this point in life. My wife was down there for three weeks getting trained for her first guide dog so I drove down Thursday to pick both of them up. Hence my new avatar photo of her dog. We want to check out other areas for retirement, anywhere on the Gulf of Mexico sounds good to me. We were looking at houses in an established retirement community, it has plenty of things to do. I'm not worried about hurricanes, we have tornadoes where I am. Warm weather year round and a short drive to the Gulf appeal to me.

GenericUsername

Keep coming further south @scratch. If you're wanting a smaller feel but in a bigger area, check out Sarasota. Fort Myers has the Twins and Red Socks spring training as well as their minor league teams. Naples is more expensive. Estero and Bonita Springs both are in the middle of Naples and Fort Myers, so easy access to both cities with whatever it is there to do in those towns. Cape Coral is pretty meh, but is close enough to the gulf still. Englewood and Port Charlotte are towns you have to drive out of to do anything...Venice is alright, but still about the same as Englewood/PC. North Port is further away from the water and cheaper, but again, driving...

Your best bet south of Tampa is definitely Sarasota or Fort Myers/Naples. Give me a shout if you have any questions.

old levi's

blank space
It's not Atlanta........I'm ready for a change of scenery at this point in life. My wife was down there for three weeks getting trained for her first guide dog so I drove down Thursday to pick both of them up. Hence my new avatar photo of her new dog. We want to check out other areas for retirement, anywhere on the Gulf of Mexico sounds good to me. We were looking at houses in an established retirement community, it has plenty of things to do. I'm not worried about hurricanes, we have tornadoes where I am. Warm weather year round and a short drive to the Gulf appeal to me.

Thought there might be a family connection, there is with me. Hey, Gulf life = Good life.
I don't know why anyone lives in Atlanta; there is no event worth me even going there.

I can't believe you used hence in a post.