How's the view???........

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They have a big problem on The Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee with truckers following their GPS's instead of using common sense. They blow right by signs that say no trailers over 30 feet. There are many curves (318 of them in 11 miles) many of which are too sharp to get a big rig around safely
There’s a road on the route I go to and from work. There is a road with a steep hill at a t-intersection. Before anyone turns on to that road there’s a big sign saying “trucks not recommended on this road”. Multiple times I’ve seen tractor trailers trying to turn left at that hill and stop sign onto the main road and they get stuck every time on the bottom of the trailer. Kind of funny to watch.

oldngray

nowhere special
There’s a road on the route I go to and from work. There is a road with a steep hill at a t-intersection. Before anyone turns on to that road there’s a big sign saying “trucks not recommended on this road”. Multiple times I’ve seen tractor trailers trying to turn left at that hill and stop sign onto the main road and they get stuck every time on the bottom of the trailer. Kind of funny to watch.

There is a road near here with a very sharp angle turn that was never designed for big trucks but they started building a bunch of warehouses nearby. They have plans to straighten out the road but taking time because there are a couple of houses they need to buy and tear down first.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They have a big problem on The Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee with truckers following their GPS's instead of using common sense. They blow right by signs that say no trailers over 30 feet. There are many curves (318 of them in 11 miles) many of which are too sharp to get a big rig around safely
My educated guess is most are illiterate in English.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sounds like my wife. I quit arguing with her when I know the Garmin is sending us astray. Happened a couple days ago again driving through Dallas, Tx.--Garmin all of a sudden had us going south again on I-35---we were suppose to be going north. I just let her drive on until she finally came to her senses. Added another half hour onto our already 22 hour trip home.

Your first mistake was letting her behind the wheel

rod

Retired 22 years
Your first mistake was letting her behind the wheel
I have no problem letting her drive. In all actuality she has more big city driving experience than I do. When we travel we usually go 2 to 3 hours then switch. We have driven back and forth to Dallas Texas on I-35 so many times I could do it in my sleep but this time we had been down to Galveston and were coming into Dallas from the south so it wasn't familiar to us so we were running the Garmin------and it sent us on a wild goose chase. We had updated it just the week before so it should have known better.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
IMG951889.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Good chance it might be the end of the road for your rig. 904 p7s are on the VEM list now. The pump is a fairly big job.
That’s what I’m worried about, I was hoping to keep this car for one more year until I retire. It’s the best package car I have ever had, I got it new. I despise the new cars, I have been turning them down for years.