How's the view???........

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Cementups, Jan 6, 2009.

1. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You see @Wally anywhere

2. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You have to drive farther south until you see the wild horses.

3. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Listen up, OoooooooKaaaaaay!

Assateague

4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I have camped out on beach there in an RV a long time ago. The wild ponies just walk up into the campsite.

5. Wally

Corolla. We rented near where Rt 12 becomes a beach highway.

6. Wally

Idiots are killing some of them on the south side of Corolla, NC by feeding them.

7. scratch

My wife's uncle lived in Baltimore and that's who took us camping on Assateague Island to see the wild ponies. He passed away last month and this part of his estate made it to me last night. My mother-in-law was going to throw all this away along with a new iPad, but decided to haul those back. I'm supposed to get a firearm of some kind out of his collection but I haven't seen those yet. I'm not a fan of blended whiskey but this was free.IMG_6344.JPG

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

No the :censored2: land your house is built on is call a "asparagus" farm. Not "assateague".

Want a shot? ;)
    20190720_171954.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. scratch

A5FBCF6A-2D93-45D1-9979-369A89C230E9.jpeg
    That looks good, but I’m finishing off a Vodka bottle now. Thanks for the offer!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. 542thruNthru

Damn! Look at you flashing! Mercedes keys, tropical drink, nice BBQ, flower center piece and as @Faceplanted says the best damn vodka on the market!
    sketch-1563670037234.jpg

Live it up brother! You've earned it!

Cheers!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. scratch

Key chain has a fob from a '69 Vette I bought in 1976 when I was working part-time. I have always had money in my pocket since I started working for this company.

12. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Oddly enough I think I have that same bottle of Champagne.

13. 542thruNthru

Yeah yeah now you're just gloating. ;)

14. scratch

Probably not as old as this one! My uncle was Post Commander or something at an American Legion in Baltimore and people just gave him bottles of booze. There is no telling how old this stuff is. I will probably keep the champagne and Rum and gift the blended stuff away. If I drink any type of whiskey I like to sip single-malt scotch like a 12-year Macallan.,

15. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Trust me mine maybe as old as yours or older.

16. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amateur Malthusian

Pass the Ezra over here.

17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Pull your shorts up more

18. rod

rod retired and happy

are they good eating?

19. rod

rod retired and happy

Most VFW's and Am. Legions have a few of what is called "Last Man Bottles". A group of guys who were in the service together (usually WWII) will put a bottle of good whiskey in a locked wooden box that is supposed to be opened only by the last guy living. Usually it is displayed in a glass case. The trouble is is that but the time the last guy qualifies for it he either can't remember it or don't want it anymore. The VFW I belong to has 2 unclaimed ones right now. Eventually they will disappear but most members think it will bring bad mojo to anyone who takes another persons "Last Man Bottle".

20. scratch

@rod, I'm not a vet since I turned 18 in '76 when Jimmy Carter got elected and started gutting the military. I have never heard of the "Last Man Bottle" tradition, I think that is a great thing. Uncle Billy was a Marine in Korea and a Baltimore Policeman, I'm glad those bottles came out of his house instead of his Post. He was more of a beer drinker, I remember drinking a few Shaefers and eating Blue Crabs with him a long time ago.