How's the view???........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My wife's uncle lived in Baltimore and that's who took us camping on Assateague Island to see the wild ponies. He passed away last month and this part of his estate made it to me last night. My mother-in-law was going to throw all this away along with a new iPad, but decided to haul those back. I'm supposed to get a firearm of some kind out of his collection but I haven't seen those yet. I'm not a fan of blended whiskey but this was free.
IMG_6344.JPG

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Key chain has a fob from a '69 Vette I bought in 1976 when I was working part-time. I have always had money in my pocket since I started working for this company.

Johney

My wife's uncle lived in Baltimore and that's who took us camping on Assateague Island to see the wild ponies. He passed away last month and this part of his estate made it to me last night. My mother-in-law was going to throw all this away along with a new iPad, but decided to haul those back. I'm supposed to get a firearm of some kind out of his collection but I haven't seen those yet. I'm not a fan of blended whiskey but this was free.View attachment 256414
Oddly enough I think I have that same bottle of Champagne.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Oddly enough I think I have that same bottle of Champagne.
Probably not as old as this one! My uncle was Post Commander or something at an American Legion in Baltimore and people just gave him bottles of booze. There is no telling how old this stuff is. I will probably keep the champagne and Rum and gift the blended stuff away. If I drink any type of whiskey I like to sip single-malt scotch like a 12-year Macallan.,

Johney

Probably not as old as this one! My uncle was Post Commander or something at an American Legion in Baltimore and people just gave him bottles of booze. There is no telling how old this stuff is. I will probably keep the champagne and Rum and gift the blended stuff away. If I drink any type of whiskey I like to sip single-malt scotch like a 12-year Macallan.,
Trust me mine maybe as old as yours or older.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My wife's uncle lived in Baltimore and that's who took us camping on Assateague Island to see the wild ponies. He passed away last month and this part of his estate made it to me last night. My mother-in-law was going to throw all this away along with a new iPad, but decided to haul those back. I'm supposed to get a firearm of some kind out of his collection but I haven't seen those yet. I'm not a fan of blended whiskey but this was free.View attachment 256414
Pass the Ezra over here.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most VFW's and Am. Legions have a few of what is called "Last Man Bottles". A group of guys who were in the service together (usually WWII) will put a bottle of good whiskey in a locked wooden box that is supposed to be opened only by the last guy living. Usually it is displayed in a glass case. The trouble is is that but the time the last guy qualifies for it he either can't remember it or don't want it anymore. The VFW I belong to has 2 unclaimed ones right now. Eventually they will disappear but most members think it will bring bad mojo to anyone who takes another persons "Last Man Bottle".

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@rod, I'm not a vet since I turned 18 in '76 when Jimmy Carter got elected and started gutting the military. I have never heard of the "Last Man Bottle" tradition, I think that is a great thing. Uncle Billy was a Marine in Korea and a Baltimore Policeman, I'm glad those bottles came out of his house instead of his Post. He was more of a beer drinker, I remember drinking a few Shaefers and eating Blue Crabs with him a long time ago.