How's the view???........

fethrs

If you enjoyed that area, you would probably enjoy Lake Arrowhead also. Arrowhead has some gorgeous homes located around the lake and there is a village that sits on the lake front also. There is a hotel that is adjacent to the village. I would think that two days is probably a half day too much to see it all.

Growing up in Ontario we took many road trips to Arrowhead and Big Bear. Another nice way to go is up Highway 18 off the 210, also called Rim of The World Drive, it's the back way up, through the desert.

Dustyroads

Easy directions here...you go seven miles northwest of town on the gravel, just past the burned out one room school, you'll see an unusual mailbox post...that's where you turn.
bc mailbox.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, I see you guys have been busy. I like it too, Dizzee. I have more to post.

This is the KOA we stayed at in Gunnison. I would recommend this KOA. It was beautiful.

Colo09049-1.jpg

You can see our tent right here in this corner, that stream that is in the first 2 pics was about 10 feet away from the tent door.
Is this hubby----> cleverly disguised?

We saw this nearly everywhere we went in Colo. What you see here is the devastation that has occurred from the Bark Beetle infestation that happened several years ago. And its not just Co. AZ is suffering, as well as many other states.
Colo09081.jpg
I never knew beetle's could bark.:wink2:

This is Grand Lake. It is very near the entrance to Rocky Mtn Nat Park. This was actually not one of the rtes we had planned on talking and didn't even realize we were going into the park until we rode up to the entrance. Cost us 10$ to ride through. Best 10$ I spent.

Colo09101.jpg
Dilli with the pink shirt on?

Easy directions here...you go seven miles northwest of town on the gravel, just past the burned out one room school, you'll see an unusual mailbox post...that's where you turn.
That looks like the Terminator.

Big Babooba

It was the perfect size, the right color and I had just the right spot to put it. Best of all, it was FREE!!! Can't beat that!:happy2:

0820091037.jpg

Unfortunately, there were no takers.:sad-little:

0820091038.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is just east of Laramie, Wy. This pass is the hightest point in all of Wy. at a little more than 8000'. It is part of Medicine Bow Nat'l Forest.

Colo09118-1.jpg

Colo09119.jpg

Colo09117.jpg

Colo09116.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Colo09126.jpg

Of course we have to have a minor breakdown. Electrical.

Colo09123.jpg

Colo09124.jpg

This is called Sherman Granite. We stopped and read one of the signs they had everywhere. It said that in these rock formations can be found some of the best fishing holes. This area is also called Vedauwoo (pronounced vedavoo).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedauwoo