IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Lots of steps to walk down to get to the bottom of Tallulah Gorge, I think over a thousand. My wife didn't want to try it. One of many waterfall hikes we have done in the North Georgia mountains.

over9five

Staff member
Lots of steps to walk down to get to the bottom of Tallulah Gorge, I think over a thousand. My wife didn't want to try it. One of many waterfall hikes we have done in the North Georgia mountains.
I don't blame her! I assume you have to walk back UP those thousand steps!

old levi's

blank space
I hiked to the bottom when I was about 15, there were no steps then. Climbing out of there I used the tree to tree method. Fifty years later, about a month ago, I went to the bottom again. That will be my last time, the front of my thighs were sore for about three days. All of the platforms along the way are numbered so if someone gives out, or is injured they can let the duty ranger know exactly where they are. There is a sign at the bottom to warn you of a sudden release of water at the dam which will be preceded by a loud alarm. It said seeker higher ground immediately or drown.

oldngray

nowhere special
I hiked to the bottom when I was about 15, there were no steps then. Climbing out of there I used the tree to tree method. Fifty years later, about a month ago, I went to the bottom again. That will be my last time, the front of my thighs were sore for about three days. All of the platforms along the way are numbered so if someone gives out, or is injured they can let the duty ranger know exactly where they are. There is a sign at the bottom to warn you of a sudden release of water at the dam which will be preceded by a loud alarm. It said seeker higher ground immediately or drown.
When my father was growing up he climbed around down there. Before it got developed and civilized. My grandparents lived just a few miles from there.

... cue Deliverance music.