How's the view???........

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wasn't in a good position to get a picture but there's an eagle's nest on my route. Yesterday the female was in the nest and I could just get a view of the top of her head. The male was on the highest branch of the tree keeping watch.
DSCN3051.JPG
DSCN3044.JPG

I have the same issue! I only have a 28xs zoom. But to me its amazing to see. Even though they arent all that rare.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
@toonertoo One of our founding fathers wasn't too thrilled about this becoming a symbol for the new fledgling country. In a letter Ben Franklin wrote to his daughter criticizing the original eagle design for the Great Seal, saying that it looked more like a turkey. In the letter, Franklin wrote that the “Bald Eagle...is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly…[he] is too lazy to fish for himself.”:happy-very:
On my trails, I have seen them catch fish, and squirrels, and snakes. Not quick enough to catch the shots tho!

Manifesto

I see one about one every two weeks on my route. I drive by the nest almost every day but they're usually not there. One time I had one swoop down in front of me as I was driving down the road and pick up a dead animal. That was pretty cool to see!