How's UPS protecting its employees from the coronavirus threat?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
The problem alone isn’t the DIAD , it’s the 2/3 people who packed and shipped the pkg , the 7/10 UPS people who loaded /unloaded & sorted the pkg , and the pkg which traveled sitting on other pkgs , till it gets to the consignee, but the media will probably say it’s the diad
wear hospital gloves, don't rely on anyone at ups to tell you how to stay safe, your on your own.

watdaflock?

The problem alone isn’t the DIAD , it’s the 2/3 people who packed and shipped the pkg , the 7/10 UPS people who loaded /unloaded & sorted the pkg , and the pkg which traveled sitting on other pkgs , till it gets to the consignee, but the media will probably say it’s the diad
All of those PTers are not important. It's not like any of those PTers would dare come to work when they are feeling under the weather.

We need to focus on the well being of employees who make over 118k a year, like DriveInDriveOut said.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
wear hospital gloves, don't rely on anyone at ups to tell you how to stay safe, your on your own.
Lol. Yah UPS safety ,, cut 5 routes in a week long heatwave , then text me on DIAD to drink more water and stretch more ,,,, in winter ,, cut 6 routes in a blizzard and tell me to walk like a penguin ,, Efffffff them !!!

watdaflock?

Worst case scenario: 97% survive. Most likely you will survive. Just get at it. UPS can't do anything except shut down. Period. Simple.

"One model from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggested that between 160 million and 210 million Americans could contract the disease over as long as a year. Based on mortality data and current hospital capacity, the number of deaths under the CDC's scenarios ranged from 200,000 to as many as 1.7 million.
It found as many as 21 million people might need hospitalization, a daunting figure in a nation with just about 925,000 hospital beds."

Not being able to breath kinda sucks.....literally. Oh well, just get over it. Period. Simple.

watdaflock?

Globally, the numbers are even more staggering. Five researchers at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health estimated that between 20 percent and 60 percent of everyone on earth — or between 1.4 billion and 4.2 billion people — could eventually contract the disease.

If the virus only kills 1 percent of those who contract it, somewhere between 14 million and 42 million people are at risk. In countries like Iran and Italy, where health systems are overrun, the mortality rate can be much higher.

Over70irregs

I believe most drivers want some direction and leadership on the issue. Cleaning/protective supplies would be beneficial for all. Especially since Brown ship and deliver the crap.