Management Focusing on Numbers

Zowert

Just wondering if anyone here is under the microscope. Got pulled into the office Monday morning for a little talkie talk about their stupid metrics. I haven’t changed anything about how I’m doing my job but all of a sudden I am over allowed every day. The crazy thing is I am not on the 9.5 list right now. In the past I was, I filed a ton of grievances for being over and they never said anything about my numbers. What is going on?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Just wondering if anyone here is under the microscope. Got pulled into the office Monday morning for a little talkie talk about their stupid metrics. I haven’t changed anything about how I’m doing my job but all of a sudden I am over allowed every day. The crazy thing is I am not on the 9.5 list right now. In the past I was, I filed a ton of grievances for being over and they never said anything about my numbers. What is going on?
Trying to not get fired or they're getting fired and scorching the earth

twotwofour

It's not personal. Last year it was trace, then it was no scans. Center managers get on conference calls, and orders come down from top to push the new flavor to see what sticks. Just say ok and thank you and be on your way. There is really no reason to go to war with literal NPCs

As far as you can look back with me on my route, my sporh is 16ish with an overallowed of 140ish. Not long ago my OR asked why I was 140 over on Tues and then 160 on Wed. I said I had no idea, so he went on about some :censored2: about time and selection area and moving without delay.... Then I pointed out that he was asking about 12 minutes spread over a 10 hour day. Asking me to account for one minute and ten seconds for each hour, or 4.375 seconds per stop......I'm assuming he's still gonna get back to me.

Mike57

From the outside looking in, Here goes. The volumes are down in many places,and ALOT of pressure from up top,has to go somewhere. So management is just putting pressure on the workers because they have no choice. Do your jobs. Follow your work rules, and this will pass. Just keep in mind that until the volume starts to increase,and it will. The work force has to be on their toes to stay out of management way. If you get in to a bind,See your union steward. Follow the methods..
AND ALWAYS WORK AS DIRECTED. If you're not sure of something ask a question. You all know that management is watching EVERYTHING. Just be ready.
If you have to make notes of any changes on the route, or delays as they happen,so in case you get called in. You have notes to explain what happened..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As far as you can look back with me on my route, my sporh is 16ish with an overallowed of 140ish. Not long ago my OR asked why I was 140 over on Tues and then 160 on Wed. I said I had no idea, so he went on about some :censored2: about time and selection area and moving without delay.... Then I pointed out that he was asking about 12 minutes spread over a 10 hour day. Asking me to account for one minute and ten seconds for each hour, or 4.375 seconds per stop......I'm assuming he's still gonna get back to me.
Tell them to go out there and demonstrate how it’s done. Say that you will tell them where to go and what people they need to talk to…but they just do the work and drive. Never had one sup take me up on the offer…never. Same old dog and pony show.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s a :censored2:ing joke dude and most of these mgt will tell you the same thing off the record.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
From the outside looking in, Here goes. The volumes are down in many places,and ALOT of pressure from up top,has to go somewhere. So management is just putting pressure on the workers because they have no choice. Do your jobs. Follow your work rules, and this will pass. Just keep in mind that until the volume starts to increase,and it will. The work force has to be on their toes to stay out of management way. If you get in to a bind,See your union steward. Follow the methods..
AND ALWAYS WORK AS DIRECTED. If you're not sure of something ask a question. You all know that management is watching EVERYTHING. Just be ready.
If you have to make notes of any changes on the route, or delays as they happen,so in case you get called in. You have notes to explain what happened..
good advice.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In the future tell your boss you are working safely, by the methods , as you are giving a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Never ever agree to try and “improve”. Never acknowledge their numbers,never acknowledge “overallowed” and if they push you ask where in the contract SPORH or overallowed is mentioned.

Brownwind

Just think about the money you are making sitting there listening. OT is paying you a dollar a minute to sit there. Try to stretch it out a bit. Then buy yourself a four pack on the way home.

textat3

Tell him he is losing out on 10k a year by getting paid once a month vs every 2 weeks……10000x12 =120k
5000 x 26 = 130k

UPSER1987

Tell them to go out there and demonstrate how it’s done. Say that you will tell them where to go and what people they need to talk to…but they just do the work and drive. Never had one sup take me up on the offer…never. Same old dog and pony show.
Then the driver will file a sup working grievance. I say no also. I don’t get paid to do your work.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Tell them you can follow Orion 100% if they would like , and ask them why’s the Diad freeze so much?
✊🧔‍♂️

UPSER1987

You don’t even understand how a supervisor working grievance is paid do you? Supervisors can demonstrate as long as the hourly is with him watching. SMH
Right. I know exactly how it works and never take the bait. I’m not busting my ass for you to get paid. Most drivers arent that rationale. And demonstrate all day? Don’t invite me, I’ll put you to shame. We’ll be sitting around waiting for pickups lol.

Thebrownblob

Right. I know exactly how it works and never take the bait. I’m not busting my ass for you to get paid. Most drivers arent that rationale. And demonstrate all day? Don’t invite me, I’ll put you to shame. We’ll be sitting around waiting for pickups lol.
That would put me to shame? Why the hell would I care? I’ll sit with my feet up on the dash and wait and get paid and then I’ll file a grievance on you because you can’t get me paid correctly and I’ll get penalty pay. I’ve been doing this a long time friend. I would eat you alive and spit you out.