Management Focusing on Numbers

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This. I think there is a lot of guys out there who don't realize HOW MUCH they can rig the numbers and dispatch. It's basically whatever they want. A few years back I got so fed up with their numbers bull:censored2: I just flat out told em "Don't ever talk to me about numbers again cause you know that can be manipulated. I will work as directed, safely, and efficiently....If that's not good enough, go ahead...good luck trying to fire me cause my attendance record says I've NEVER been late to work"

They pretty much left me alone after that.
Bogus numbers do not account for things like bagging stops or the diad that doesn't work un the rain.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Can’t wait till they sneak attack management and fire them all , they’re just trying to figure out the sorting automation first then BAM SNEAK ATTACK BYE BYE MANAGERS
🧔‍♂️✊

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Wonder if all the management out west in that huge snowstorm are worried about numbers/saving money this week 🤣🤣🤣🤣

LAY OFF EVERYONE !!!

BAM !!! HUGE SNOWSTORM !! UPS SCRAMBLING HAHAHAH
🧔‍♂️✊

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Just wondering if anyone here is under the microscope. Got pulled into the office Monday morning for a little talkie talk about their stupid metrics. I haven’t changed anything about how I’m doing my job but all of a sudden I am over allowed every day. The crazy thing is I am not on the 9.5 list right now. In the past I was, I filed a ton of grievances for being over and they never said anything about my numbers. What is going on?

Smile, be polite and professional, and tell them you need specific follow-up training to understand how to be the best you you can be. Trust me, they want to mark this item off as a talk too. They have ZERO interest in solving your "problem", they just want to get you off their list.

Also fun - have them bring your route up in DMS and have them show you where you are losing time.

I wonder what your ORION compliance # is. Running it 100% puts tremendous pressure on the center team. Problems, and their inability to fix them, become immediately apparent. Get any request to NOT follow ORION in writing with blood ink.

I think UPS management at all levels has lost focus on trying to improve the operation (service, cost, efficiency, etc.) and traded it for scoring points. If it is any consolation, the on road sups I have speak with are at least as miserable as the drivers.

Keep doing what you do and the search light will focus elsewhere. Good luck!

Zowert

Smile, be polite and professional, and tell them you need specific follow-up training to understand how to be the best you you can be. Trust me, they want to mark this item off as a talk too. They have ZERO interest in solving your "problem", they just want to get you off their list.

Also fun - have them bring your route up in DMS and have them show you where you are losing time.

I wonder what your ORION compliance # is. Running it 100% puts tremendous pressure on the center team. Problems, and their inability to fix them, become immediately apparent. Get any request to NOT follow ORION in writing with blood ink.

I think UPS management at all levels has lost focus on trying to improve the operation (service, cost, efficiency, etc.) and traded it for scoring points. If it is any consolation, the on road sups I have speak with are at least as miserable as the drivers.

Keep doing what you do and the search light will focus elsewhere. Good luck!
I run my route different every day, if I ran it in trace I would be bored. It’s only cover drivers taking heat at my center. They leave cover drivers alone.

It’s only cover drivers taking heat at my center. They leave cover drivers alone.
giphy (1) (9).gif

MrBates

My bad, too many beers. I meant it’s only bid drivers taking heat. I’m about to drop my route and go back to covering so they leave me alone.
I'm a bid driver, and I knew exactly what you meant. The supes over here in the Notheast are out just about everyday observing.

JustDeliverIt

I'm a bid driver, and I knew exactly what you meant. The supes over here in the Notheast are out just about everyday observing.

Here it’s any Mon-Fri RPCD’s (basically any driver with 10+ years seniority) getting screwed with. Anyone who bid Tues-Sat or has less than 5 years can do no wrong.

Zowert

Here it’s any Mon-Fri RPCD’s (basically any driver with 10+ years seniority) getting screwed with. Anyone who bid Tues-Sat or has less than 5 years can do no wrong.
That’s strange. I’m a bid driver with 7 years in and I’m getting harassed all the time, as well as my fellow mid to low seniority drivers. The dinosaurs with 20+ years are left alone.

JustDeliverIt

That’s strange. I’m a bid driver with 7 years in and I’m getting harassed all the time, as well as my fellow mid to low seniority drivers. The dinosaurs with 20+ years are left alone.

They’re scared of the new drivers quitting. Had a manager tell a driver that newbies quit because they ask us for advice about this place and we answer them honestly and scare them away.

Somehow management doesn’t understand that we answer honestly based on what they do.

bumped

The few times I have been talked to about numbers I ask for a sheet on a breakdown of what the allowances are. The conversation ends there.