HR Buyout

Karma...

so what's the offer ?........this may be the first followed by ie, pe, cs, lp etc......looks like carol has taken charge and is making the tough correct decisions for the shareholders....good for her !

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
so what's the offer ?........this may be the first followed by ie, pe, cs, lp etc......looks like carol has taken charge and is making the tough correct decisions for the shareholders....good for her !

a slap on the ass on your way out the door and a six pack of Colt 45

Karma...

with online hiring there hasn't been a need for hr in quite some time.....this will save a lot of salary money and free up office space....a wise decision...

elmo506

3 months salary plus one week of pay for every year of service up to 30 years. More or less Max 10-11 months pay to go away. Not bad but depends on your age and what you want to do for the next step. What about operations ? Lots of dead weight there to say goodbye to as well

DriverNerd

I had a problem with my direct deposit. Went to HR 4 times talked to this person, that person, corporate HR etc...whomever they told me to call. Took 2.5 months to resolve a simple issue. Took my supervisor calling finance himself to resolve it.

Cafe Espresso

I had a problem with my direct deposit. Went to HR 4 times talked to this person, that person, corporate HR etc...whomever they told me to call. Took 2.5 months to resolve a simple issue. Took my supervisor calling finance himself to resolve it.

Finance is actually responsible for Payroll, not HR. But someone in HR should have known this and assisted better.

Cafe Espresso

3 months salary plus one week of pay for every year of service up to 30 years. More or less Max 10-11 months pay to go away. Not bad but depends on your age and what you want to do for the next step. What about operations ? Lots of dead weight there to say goodbye to as well

Operations is essential. There is not much you can do to "transform" that dept. Transformation is being enacted upon the Non Operation functions.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You are not "lowly" rephrase that to "essential"...

The real issue with HR is the disconnect and layers of red tape associated with getting problems solved or investigated. Truth be known, nobody trusts anybody, particular now, you are given a 1-800 number or a district number. When you finally get hold of somebody it is probably a low level OMS in that department who gets hammered with hard questions that they are not able to give a written or verbal answer to. Corporate never returns calls, and the typical response when you get a their number is "they are out for lunch" and will return your call....never happens...

This is not a UPS thing, it is a "Standards of Practice", the Union Leadership does the same thing, people just get sick of it and give up which happens to be their objective. Problem solved with another malcontent....

Popeye

You are not "lowly" rephrase that to "essential"...

The real issue with HR is the disconnect and layers of red tape associated with getting problems solved or investigated. Truth be known, nobody trusts anybody, particular now, you are given a 1-800 number or a district number. When you finally get hold of somebody it is probably a low level OMS in that department who gets hammered with hard questions that they are not able to give a written or verbal answer to. Corporate never returns calls, and the typical response when you get a their number is "they are out for lunch" and will return your call....never happens...

This is not a UPS thing, it is a "Standards of Practice", the Union Leadership does the same thing, people just get sick of it and give up which happens to be their objective. Problem solved with another malcontent....

I’ve been retired for a while, but when I was at Corporste what you were told about HR being out to lunch was true. At any time of the day you could walk down to the cafeteria and see literally dozens of them sitting around. It seemed like the same ones there All. The. Time.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Thanks for the information, my suspicions are confirmed. I really thought that they did not want to talk to me, still waiting for a call back from 2009 from one their apparent many lunch breaks. How is the food in the cafeteria in Atlanta? Has to be better/healthier than the vending machines that most of our buildings have.