HR Buyout

jd1872

the food in corporate is great. when i went there for a study team, they had 4 or 5 different providers for different types of food

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I've been told they have until Sept to either take a buyout or find another position within the company

Overall headcount isn't being increased to compensate for them, so if they don't find a chair, they're gone

I've never cared much for HR, but there are good sups right now being forced out along with all the crappy ones

Package IE is probably next, as they've slowly had their responsibilities stripped away since the last transformation

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Package IE is probably next, as they've slowly had their responsibilities stripped away since the last transformation
Who will make decisions if package IE is gone? Most of the center manager's and on roads I've seen in the last 10 years don't have enough sense to get out of the rain.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Who will make decisions if package IE is gone? Most of the center manager's and on roads I've seen in the last 10 years don't have enough sense to get out of the rain.
Package IE at the sub-district level doesn't really do much anymore, like I said they've slowly stripped away their functions and given them to Ops managers or preloads directly (for better or worse)

Package IE at the district level is still pretty important, but lol who cares this is TRANSFORMATION

2 years from now we'll be sitting around scratching our heads wondering how :censored2: got even more :censored2:ed up than it currently is, BUT TRANSFORMATION

j13501

Package IE at the sub-district level doesn't really do much anymore...
I'm retired, so I don't understand how they manage these huge districts anymore, but how can you work without package IE? I worked mostly in operations, but also worked a few years in IE, and I can assure you that a center manager or a preload manager will never willingly say they can cut drivers to build stops/car, or gain another 3 pph on the preload. IE is critical for the planning function.
If you cut IE, how do you keep productivity in line with the business plan?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I'm retired, so I don't understand how they manage these huge districts anymore, but how can you work without package IE? I worked mostly in operations, but also worked a few years in IE, and I can assure you that a center manager or a preload manager will never willingly say they can cut drivers to build stops/car, or gain another 3 pph on the preload. IE is critical for the planning function.
That has been in the hands of the Ops managers for at least 4 years now

Package IE only does PKG plans (about to be automated), MSD's (about to be automated), and the rest of their time is supporting the DM as a secretary basically

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Put 12 monkeys in a cage and let them roll dice around in their own feces, they will produce more realistic numbers than IE...

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
...how do you keep productivity in line with the business plan?

First and foremost is realizing that a plan is just a list of things that do not happen.

If someone is an effective leader, they will only lead like minded people and :censored2:can the rest.

But (for quite a while) they just hire managers instead of leaders now, so they'll just manage and print some meaningless computer generated report instead of leading.

1b6c2c18825aa7cf6ec41deb07573652.jpg

Emmit23

I had a problem with my direct deposit. Went to HR 4 times talked to this person, that person, corporate HR etc...whomever they told me to call. Took 2.5 months to resolve a simple issue. Took my supervisor calling finance himself to resolve it.
What was the issue?