HR lying

El Correcto

god is dead
Sounds like a great company.
It's a demanding job that requires patience for the due process. If you sign seasonal bid list don't think you are going part time. I wouldn't give up if I was you though, even if you are discouraged. Took me a year to even get on PT, five years for driving due to personal incidents. With six year of my life gone to getting into my position I'm still considered a rookie.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was trying to be sarcastic and just threw that number out there. Actually our twilight sort has been fully staffed and have not required any double shifters so far this Peak.
Our local sort actually has been pretty good staffing wise. Probably the best quarter I've seen by a long shot. Something like a 20% turnover. Normally it hovers around 60%

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
anytime I go to HR they redirect me to UPSers.com, makes me wonder why they even have a job.
That's because,for the most part,our HR staff is useless. If they did answer your question.it would probably be incorrect. I am only speaking from my personal experiences with UPS and your own experience is probably different than mine.

Anthonysg0113

:censored2: you. You don't know me. I've done almost every single part time job available in that building, and I've done it well and with ease. Don't tell me what I'm entitled to or not. I'm not actually complaining about my job, I'm complaining about a dishonest tactic used by an apparently desperate HR team. I wouldn't be complaining if I had the pay rate and benefits half the people on this forum don't seem to appreciate.
If you had stayed with it the first time, you would have the benefits and pay that I certainly appreciate.

browntroll

our hr is useless, whoever is training new hires is also useless. most of the new hires i met think they are permanent, they expect to stay after unloading
a few trailers or going to small sort lol. i asked a sup about it he says he plans on firing all his new hires in his area asap they dont know what
its like to work and he believes he got the worst of the crop. until i told him i asked one guy to help with me with a piece of bulk and he gave me a
blank stare asking what bulk was even though it was right between us.

Notcool

It's all seniorty. The volume goes back to normal. There is not enough work to keep all the staff. Plus drivers come back in the building. Getting permanent PT position in a small hub is not easy. Even big hubs hire so many seasonal there's no way they can keep them. HR will say all kinds of stuff for people to stay and work all Nov or Dec. I sort during summer and peak but probably back.loading once driver comes back and bumps me from sorting.

H

harley vulkrie

Yup! I'm resurrecting an OLD thread as a New Member! HR did the same thing to my orientation class in November 2016. What a bunch of low life lying pieces of trash. UPS sucks. The company culture sucks. I'm kinda glad I will be let go at the end of December. Lying pieces of crap!!!! My life is so much more valuable than slaving away at this underpaid position!!!!! Screw this company and anyone that defends them or doesn't stand up for their rights. COWARDS!!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yup! I'm resurrecting an OLD thread as a New Member! HR did the same thing to my orientation class in November 2016. What a bunch of low life lying pieces of trash. UPS sucks. The company culture sucks. I'm kinda glad I will be let go at the end of December. Lying pieces of crap!!!! My life is so much more valuable than slaving away at this underpaid position!!!!! Screw this company and anyone that defends them or doesn't stand up for their rights. COWARDS!!!!
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I see that nothing has changed the last forty years that I have worked here. I got hired the second week of October and only got laid off for one day the first year. They do call back the best.

Last edited:

Box Ox

I'm kinda glad I will be let go at the end of December. Lying pieces of crap!!!!
Screw this company and anyone that defends them or doesn't stand up for their rights. COWARDS!!!!

LOL. What'd they promise you?

Also: If you don't quit in the middle of peak, you're the sucker. If you're sticking around through December, you're just a well-behaved cog. But stop throwing misloads into my ride in the meantime!

Last edited:
H

harley vulkrie

I will have to say that the employees that have been at my hub for 7- 25 years have been the most helpful and nicest. I love talking to them and picking their brains about all the BS this company spews. That's the only reason I stick around. I get to laugh my head off everyday. Especially when the drivers show up and their package cars are filled top to bottom with 200 packages still left on the dock and I put all their air packages at the bottom of FLOOR 1 and don't leave a 3 foot space behind the sliding door for safety. Oh and I put the Hazmats on the very tip top of the pile and explain to them that I am new and they aren't gonna be able to find anything that day b/c I have no frekain idea what I am doing. I tell them to go have a donut and a cup of coffee cus I am going on my mandatory 10 minute break and we still have to load the 100 tires and irregulars, but not til I feel like it