HR lying

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will have to say that the employees that have been at my hub for 7- 25 years have been the most helpful and nicest. I love talking to them and picking their brains about all the BS this company spews. That's the only reason I stick around. I get to laugh my head off everyday. Especially when the drivers show up and their package cars are filled top to bottom with 200 packages still left on the dock and I put all their air packages at the bottom of FLOOR 1 and don't leave a 3 foot space behind the sliding door for safety. Oh and I put the Hazmats on the very tip top of the pile and explain to them that I am new and they aren't gonna be able to find anything that day b/c I have no frekain idea what I am doing. I tell them to go have a donut and a cup of coffee cus I am going on my mandatory 10 minute break and we still have to load the 100 tires and irregulars, but not til I feel like it

You and I would NOT get along very well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's always been my problem, I'm too efficient. I had over eight hours available so I worked my second Saturday in a row today. I need to start slacking so I will run out of hours and not have to work next Saturday and Christmas Eve.

...or you could retire and not have to worry about it all...

Seriously, dude, you need to move on to the next phase of your life.

watdaflock?

We probably hired about 40 people and plan to keep about 10."
I'd be shocked you could find 10 quality employees out of only 40 people to select from. Seems like every week I hear about another temp quitting, especially early on a few weeks ago. Many didn't last longer than one day.

Box Ox

Seriously dude, it's really none of your business about when I decide to retire. I enjoy myself no matter what I do. Maybe it's you that needs to move on.

I think the longer one waited to go full time from part time, the more retirement leeway they should be allowed, given that they worked so hard to go FT in the first place. Probably gives a different appreciation for the true value of the FT driver position if you didn't drop right into it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have gotten a few private messages from members the last few years urging me to retire and I do appreciate their concerns. I am well aware of the number of my fellow drivers who have left with broken bodies. I am in fine shape myself and I don't really work that hard. I enjoy working, at this point I am having a good time. When I find something else I will enjoy more, I will leave.