HSN and QVC ladies..........

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I'm sure this has been discussed on here many times in the past but since I'm new and the search function needs at least 4 letters indulge me. :wink:

I really feel sorry for these women that sit at home and watch these channels all day. Talk about no life. I use to have one woman that got 5 to 10 QVC or HSN packages a day. One time I took her 17 packages. She had me set them inside for her and I couldn't believe my eyes. One whole corner of the room was a wall of boxes that had never even been opened. She told me that she didn't need the stuff but was hooked on watching and that she had maxed out her credit cards.

Have you ever watched either channel and listen to these women hawk the products? They make everything sound like the best thing since sliced bread and how much better your life will be once you order. You just can't live w/o this product LMAO!!!I was flipping channels the other night and they had some of the ugliest ankle boots up for sale. A woman was on the line giving her testimonial. You could tell she was an older woman by her voice. She was explaining that while she didn't have the boots yet, she had ordered 6 pair last night and was calling back to order three more pair!

One woman I deliver to was married to a doctor. He got sick and finally died. She never missed a beat. I delivered something every day the week before, during, and after his death. Talk about dedicated............. Another woman is sometimes asleep in her recliner when I get there. HSN is blaring on the TV set.

I guess I shouldn't complain. It's our livelihood to deliver this stuff. It seems that the biggest percentage of the people I deliver to from these companies are older women or widows. Its always the same people day after day. Very seldom do I deliver to any new customers. I have about 5 or 6 people that get something almost every day.

How about you? Got any hard core shoppers on your route?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I know a couple of "QVC Queens" that will tape shows at night because the best deals are offered early in the morning. I also have had a few times when the husband is home and starts fighting with his wife. I have also seen a few max out credit cards and try to have yard sales to unload stuff.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think we all got a few.
I always know when someone gets a new credit card.
Ive actually TRIED to watch it but I get nauseous. Just how long can you go on about a blazer, sweater, etc.? It comes in 3 colors, its a sweater, enough already and they will talk about it for 1/2 an hour, it almost makes me want to order one.:w00t:
Except I think the women, and that one guy on qvc is a total twit.
I also like that they now have return service, just like spiegel used to have.
They use the shirt, sweater, blazer etc for 30 days and send it back..............
Might be good for business but cant be good for economy? Is that why we have no spiegel anymore????????????????

helenofcalifornia

OK, I admit it, I watch QVC sometimes. Has anyone else seen that crazy old lady that sells "Quacker Factory" clothes with the headband on? I would not buy one silly thing from that crazy woman. OK, OK, TMI. Don't hate me.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I think Spiegel was bought out by Edie Bauer Tooner. You remember they use to have the same looking labels years ago when we delivered them? Speaking of returns for QVC, I have one crippled woman I started delivering QVC to right before Christmas last year. I was saying to myself "Oh Great........ she found QVC" because she lives out in the boonies of course. I delivered something almost everyday to her for a week about a month ago. Then a couple of weeks ago I get 7 call tags for her. She also had two packages with ARS labels already on them. Thats the first I knew about their return service.

brownrodster

I've got a lady that's completely out of control. I'm talking multiple hand truck loads of QVC at times. Usually 10+ QVC per day (those yellow bags) with ocassional 30+ days. When I look in her windows all I've seen is clutter and boxes. She's my only residential bulk stop. And usually my only residential that requires a hand truck.

diesel96

I had one lady ask me not to stop at her house with HSN/QVC if her husband's car is home..How pathetic is that...I'd drop it off at her daughters house in trace instead....she's was good for a $100 at Xmas time.

govols019

You smell that?
The For Race Fans Only segment on Friday nights is pretty good. Not that I've ever actually watched QVC or anything. And no, I don't have a QVC members card either.:blushing:

yeldarb

There is a lady on my route that has a part of the package car assigned to her, because she gets so much qvc. Average is about 10-15. I delivered 43 to her one day, and she told me to put it with the other carriers deliveries as well. Another time I had a house that never got anything delivered, then one day, there was 53 QVC. Never any QVC after that. That was several years ago, and thinking back, I wouldnt doubt it was possible the purchase of a stolen cc.

over9five

Staff member
I have three on my route. They are older women. Never had more than 10 a day tho.

$100 is great, Diesel. I'd deliver to the daughters house for her too!

HazMatMan

I watch QVC sometimes, especially when they have those juicy steaks yum-yum. Isn't it QVC that's ships their packages with those stupid envelopes with the address label in it?? Envelope falls off the box and BOOM you have overgoods because the packing list was in that envelope as well.

dragracer66

I look at it this way: the more old fool's that watch and order from Qvc and Hsn mean's job security for all of us!!! Maybe we should start handing out sale's lead card's to all retirement and over 55 housing development's, because you know they send most everything they order back!!!:laugh:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I actually had a husband beg me to stop coming to his house! I told him i could feel his pain, but i had to deliver all the packages to the adresses on them. We talked for a minute or 2 and as i was leaving i asked him if he had any plans to install a dock on his house and i got a good laugh out of him.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I actually had a husband beg me to stop coming to his house! I told him i could feel his pain, but i had to deliver all the packages to the adresses on them. We talked for a minute or 2 and as i was leaving i asked him if he had any plans to install a dock on his house and i got a good laugh out of him.

I have a couple of those guys too. The other day, the husband comes to the door and starts his usual complaining. I tell him, "Well then, why don't you just refuse delivery?" He says, "I'd have to move in with you if I did".:bored:

brownrodster

I have a couple of those guys too. The other day, the husband comes to the door and starts his usual complaining. I tell him, "Well then, why don't you just refuse delivery?" He says, "I'd have to move in with you if I did".:bored:

He can't. Only the person named on the package can refuse.

rod

Retired 22 years
I once made the mistake of thinking I was on great terms with one of my QVC ladies. I kiddingly asked her if she stayed up all night ordering QVC stuff. She called in a national complaint (to Atlanta) on me. After being forced to apologise to her I never said one more word to her the last 3 years I delivered to her before I retired. Not a hi- bye- thanks or nothing. To the day I retired she couldn't figure out why I wasn't her friendly UPS driver.