Human Remains

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What kind of excuse do you think they will tell the family or whoever sent it? Will there be consequences or is it just their fault for throwing it in a box with out peanuts or whatever?
I once had a leaking pkg as a clerk. Addressed to a cemetary , no one was there. They told the family it would be shipped by ambulance. They used 2 day air. It was an exhumed 2 yr old, and the family moved, to here and the funeral home shipped it by us, to there. When I opened that box to inspect....well we got official people there and I didnt sleep for a week.

BrownArmy

I once had a leaking pkg as a clerk. Addressed to a cemetary , no one was there. They told the family it would be shipped by ambulance. They used 2 day air. It was an exhumed 2 yr old, and the family moved, to here and the funeral home shipped it by us, to there. When I opened that box to inspect....well we got official people there and I didnt sleep for a week.

Wow. Sorry to hear that- some things you can't un-see.

wayfair

swollen member
Small town, owners are more than likely at the home than at their houses. I tried to encourage wine receivers to have their wine shipped to work. So much easier to get a signature at work.

I worked a small town route years ago that the Funeral home was based out of owners home.
I had a delivery one time so I took it to the office, no one there, so I walked down the long dark hallway and got to an open door..... never again will I walk down a long dark hallway.

So someone during the air sort picked up a package that sounded broken. They started shaking it and then threw it on the belt. Come to find out it was someones cremated body that was being spilled all over the place.
Maybe their last wish was to have their ashes sprinkled throughout the ups system???

barnyard

KTM rider
I delivered a stack of gloves, disposable aprons, and a box from another shipper. I was arranging it on the cart and the odd box fell and opened. It was an infant burial gown. I coded the next 10 minutes, "on road breakdown."

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
As a new grandfather I find this to be completely inappropriate.

That's fine...

It was on topic, and is reported to be the shortest story ever written. It is often attributed to Hemingway, though some have offered evidence to dispute that.

Everything is not about you, or even directed toward you.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I worked a small town route years ago that the Funeral home was based out of owners home.
I had a delivery one time so I took it to the office, no one there, so I walked down the long dark hallway and got to an open door..... never again will I walk down a long dark hallway.

A hard and fast rule for new drivers: Only go to the office for a signature at a funeral home. Do not open any door, unless you are certain what's on the other side.

MTbrown

What was it leaking???

rod

Retired 22 years
Cremated remains aren't allowed in the UPS system. If the shipper would have taken the time to read that then perhaps Aunt June wouldn't be spread all over Zappos boxes, never mind packing them like you actually might have cared.

Neither are illegal drugs, guns to private parties, precious antiques, large sums of money and a butt load of other stuff but that don't stop them from going through the system every day of the week. I know for a fact that I delivered cremated remains on more than one occasion.