Hundreds of FedEx packages dumped near ravine

vantexan

Taking full advantage of the 401k, the RSP, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, I even bought Savings Bonds way back even though they don't bring the best returns. These are all options most employees had, including many on here, yet there are many that didn't take advantage of those programs and now they are living the consequences. You continue to say my nice retirement is due to the full Traditional Pension which is nonsense. If I haven't even started the Traditional and won't for several more years and really won't even need it to live the way I am now, how is it contributing to my quality of life? Putting money away for over 40 years, during good times and bad, allowed me to live the way a retiree should live. Not having to count pennies or live in a tent.
You benefited from getting in early and not only getting a full traditional pension but better pay. There were people starting in the 90's who never topped out and made considerably less than you. Not only in pay but in matches to their 401k and PPP contributions. That you had extra money that they didn't to invest in savings bonds, etc just proves my point. Good for you to be in the position you're in but it's not entirely due to your financial brilliance or to other's ineptitude. The company that you love so much screwed a lot of people on their pay and pension.

Working4the1%

Question, why am I and so many others able to retire comfortably without touching their pension?

Answer. Putting a plan in place and sticking to it.

It's much easier to blame others for your lack of planning. If anyone thinks they are gonna comfortably retire on 25k, maybe 30k, they are badly mistaken. Unless you want to live in a tent.
Yes all financial planners say hold off on pension collection and postpone SS payments as long as possible…you have 3 options. FedEx eliminated the pension option which will cause elderly ExFedex employees that made the company a leader in the logistics Industry…out to dry

falcon back

Yes all financial planners say hold off on pension collection and postpone SS payments as long as possible…you have 3 options. FedEx eliminated the pension option which will cause elderly ExFedex employees that made the company a leader in the logistics Industry…out to dry
Ever heard of a 401k? 25 to 30 years in that will do wonders. The people that are getting the 8 or 8 1/2% match have an excellent opportunity to have an excellent chunk when they retire.

falcon back

You benefited from getting in early and not only getting a full traditional pension but better pay. There were people starting in the 90's who never topped out and made considerably less than you. Not only in pay but in matches to their 401k and PPP contributions. That you had extra money that they didn't to invest in savings bonds, etc just proves my point. Good for you to be in the position you're in but it's not entirely due to your financial brilliance or to other's ineptitude. The company that you love so much screwed a lot of people on their pay and pension.
LOL. Having a plan and sticking to it. Nothing but excuses on your part.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You only postpone SS if you expect to live longer than 20 years. That’s the break even point.

Only the government wants you to postpone it, in the hopes you die younger and forfeit the money.

falcon back

You only postpone SS if you expect to live longer than 20 years. That’s the break even point.

Only the government wants you to postpone it, in the hopes you die younger and forfeit the money.
Break even age is different for everybody. How do you know when people are gonna retire? My break even age is 72, for the next guy, it could be older.

falcon back

No excuses. I quit and tried something else. Didn't work out and came back. I paid dearly for that. But what I described happened to thousands of couriers. You had a much better deal than they did.
More excuses. Discipline and sacrifices are choices I made. You and many others didn't do either and now some live in tents and some life a life of leisure. Roll Tide!!!

vantexan

More excuses. Discipline and sacrifices are choices I made. You and many others didn't do either and now some live in tents and some life a life of leisure. Roll Tide!!!
It pains me to know you and I are both Bama fans. Easier to make sacrifices, blah blah blah, when you have more money coming in.