Hundreds of FedEx packages dumped near ravine

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Every so often I check in here just to have a look around the old place.
And every time I check out I feel like I'm fleeing from an online insane asylum.
Some things never change.

Obviously I'm no head doctor but I would strongly urge you all - step away from this place for awhile. The constant vitriol will consume you.

And yes, everyone knows that incessantly belittling others while bragging on their own fabulous lifestyle is the number one sign of someone who possesses extremely low self esteem and can barely look themselves in the mirror when they brush their tooth in the morning.

And there ain't no disputing that fact

Have a joyous season, folks
You need to stick around to see how really :censored2:ed up it is!

vantexan

LOL. You should hear them cry when I remind them they dropped the ball on collecting their retirement early, thus giving up nearly 11% in yearly growth. It is hilarious.
If I can save $25k+ annually until 67 it's worth it to me to have retired early. Right now I'm working as a UPS helper and my feet are killing me. My left big toenail is black and oozing. Taking penicillin in hopes of staving off an infection. Hope to get my credit debt paid off by mid January. Should be able to save $900-$1000 a month for next two years and then with SS at 62 save at least $25k a year. Possibly more than $30k. I doubt I'll make it to 80 so saving while traveling now. And yes, enjoying it too. Glad for you but I didn't get nearly the deal you got at FedEx. And have found a way to get a nest egg together while doing what I enjoy, traveling. Absolutely one of the best decisions I ever made was leaving FedEx at 55. And now that they don't offer a traditional pension if I were a young man I'd look at UPS, the military, or truck driving before I would ever consider FedEx.

falcon back

If I can save $25k+ annually until 67 it's worth it to me to have retired early. Right now I'm working as a UPS helper and my feet are killing me. My left big toenail is black and oozing. Taking penicillin in hopes of staving off an infection. Hope to get my credit debt paid off by mid January. Should be able to save $900-$1000 a month for next two years and then with SS at 62 save at least $25k a year. Possibly more than $30k. I doubt I'll make it to 80 so saving while traveling now. And yes, enjoying it too. Glad for you but I didn't get nearly the deal you got at FedEx. And have found a way to get a nest egg together while doing what I enjoy, traveling. Absolutely one of the best decisions I ever made was leaving FedEx at 55. And now that they don't offer a traditional pension if I were a young man I'd look at UPS, the military, or truck driving before I would ever consider FedEx.
Retiring early and drawing retirement early after retirement are 2 different discussions. But we both know you won't acknowledge facts.

falcon back

I gave you my facts. You just want to rub in that you have it so much better than everyone else. More power to you.
I have it better because of choices made years ago and the discipline to stick to those choices. Some on here had as many years and made the same salary I did but their choices left them struggling during retirement.

vantexan

I have it better because of choices made years ago and the discipline to stick to those choices. Some on here had as many years and made the same salary I did but their choices left them struggling during retirement.
If you got a full traditional pension it's because you got in early enough. Not because of some smart financial decision.

falcon back

If you got a full traditional pension it's because you got in early enough. Not because of some smart financial decision.
Taking full advantage of the 401k, the RSP, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, I even bought Savings Bonds way back even though they don't bring the best returns. These are all options most employees had, including many on here, yet there are many that didn't take advantage of those programs and now they are living the consequences. You continue to say my nice retirement is due to the full Traditional Pension which is nonsense. If I haven't even started the Traditional and won't for several more years and really won't even need it to live the way I am now, how is it contributing to my quality of life? Putting money away for over 40 years, during good times and bad, allowed me to live the way a retiree should live. Not having to count pennies or live in a tent.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hey mister Knowitall, that's not even heresay, just something YOU cooked up just to make yourself look cool. Most people stopped doing that crap after jr. high school. Where's your :censored2:ing proof?
Taking full advantage of the 401k, the RSP, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, I even bought Savings Bonds way back even though they don't bring the best returns. These are all options most employees had, including many on here, yet there are many that didn't take advantage of those programs and now they are living the consequences. You continue to say my nice retirement is due to the full Traditional Pension which is nonsense. If I haven't even started the Traditional and won't for several more years and really won't even need it to live the way I am now, how is it contributing to my quality of life? Putting money away for over 40 years, during good times and bad, allowed me to live the way a retiree should live. Not having to count pennies or live in a tent.
If you have to constantly remind us like you've been doing repeatedly, then the more unbelievable it gets.

What's next, you scared Warren Buffett and Bill Gates by your financial saavy?

falcon back

What's next, you scared Warren Buffett and Bill Gates by your financial saavy?
Na, That's bacha. Anyone could save money when you start over 40 yrs ago. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to put money in an account and let a 3.5% match and normal market growth make that money grow. Just because you failed to stay with a plan, don't fault others that did.

Working4the1%

Na, That's bacha. Anyone could save money when you start over 40 yrs ago. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to put money in an account and let a 3.5% match and normal market growth make that money grow. Just because you failed to stay with a plan, don't fault others that did.
That was what most employees planed on….and then the PSP company yanked the Traditional from under their feet

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just because you failed to stay with a plan, don't fault others that did.
Didn’t fault anyone except you and your BS stories. Now prove that I didn’t have a plan.

You come off as arrogant bragger that has no life but invents one with a sorry imagination.

falcon back

That was what most employees planed on….and then the PSP company yanked the Traditional from under their feet
Question, why am I and so many others able to retire comfortably without touching their pension?

Answer. Putting a plan in place and sticking to it.

It's much easier to blame others for your lack of planning. If anyone thinks they are gonna comfortably retire on 25k, maybe 30k, they are badly mistaken. Unless you want to live in a tent.