I’ve worked 59.57 hours this week, and now I’m forced to work Saturday. Now what?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I am a 22.4 and normally a T-Sat driver, but was forced in on Monday. Now I’m at 59.57 hours before starting this morning and they told me I am forced to go in.

Should I show up? No, the 70-hour rule is NOT in effect at my center. This is the first time I’ve hit 60 hours so I’m not sure what to do. I really don’t even want to go to the center for 28 minutes but I don’t want to get in trouble either.

Any advice? Thanks
Hahahaha 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I am a 22.4 and normally a T-Sat driver, but was forced in on Monday. Now I’m at 59.57 hours before starting this morning and they told me I am forced to go in.

Should I show up? No, the 70-hour rule is NOT in effect at my center. This is the first time I’ve hit 60 hours so I’m not sure what to do. I really don’t even want to go to the center for 28 minutes but I don’t want to get in trouble either.

Any advice? Thanks
484D1B31-83E1-4A9A-82D1-8F337585F190.gif

BlackCat

Ok buddy, you win. I can't teach you to read or comprehend.
WTF is wrong with you?

You said "all he has to do is say you're on 70 now" which is not how it works. You get corrected then proceed to go on some tangent about DOT regulations that contractually dont pertain to UPS.

In a double down effort you then say "A contract may help you avoid this" as if that was a catchall for being wrong from the start.

Admit you were wrong and gave bad advice, and move on.

babboo25

Banned
WTF is wrong with you?

You said "all he has to do is say you're on 70 now" which is not how it works. You get corrected then proceed to go on some tangent about DOT regulations that contractually dont pertain to UPS.

In a double down effort you then say "A contract may help you avoid this" as if that was a catchall for being wrong from the start.

Admit you were wrong and gave bad advice, and move on.
Haha so true

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Darn all these new rules.
When I first started , doing 60+ was normal.
I was young and wanted the work.
Go to boost my 401K contribution amounts.
Living a good life now with everything paid off.
I only dip into my 401K when needed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

P/T twilight and Air Exception driver days.
At one time I was working for 4 different centers within my building, so only I knew my total hours.
...but you stated that 60+ was the norm....most weeks I had both guarantee pay and overtime on my check but rarely worked more than 42 hours...during Peak I might get 2-3 hours of OT per day but at the most would put in 50 +/- hours...

My former center was very strict on no one going over 9.5 without "permission". That was never an issue for me.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Being that you are a 22.4, Saturday is your regularly scheduled workday.
Your workweek starts on Tuesday. I guess the real issue is that you didn't have a 34 hour reset between work weeks.

Last edited:

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Keep in mind any time that you spent on the clock while coded as on break in your DIAD does not count towards the 60 hour rule. You must subtract out all your (paid off duty) break time from your total hours worked in order to calculate your available DOT hours for the 60 hour rule. The same would apply if you were under the 70 hour rule.
Wrong, your dot clock starts from punch in to punch out and includes all breaks. This information is very easy to find online.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
folks, all paid time is DOT time.
we had shifters working 70 plus hours a week but they could never drive outside the yard until their hours reset.