i am looking for any part timers hired prior to 1981

kenwood

need part timers that have red circle pay that have went straight to feeder school or full time pkg and kept their red circle pay....

Nimnim

The Nim
Once you bid into a new classification your rate of pay will adjust. If your pay is higher than the progression you'll stay at your rate of pay until the progression catches up. If your rate of pay is higher than the top out you'll lower to the top out. PT to FT is definitely a classification change.

Inthegame

PT since 1977. We can't bid into Feeders from PT. Must have a years safe driving in the Package Car classification. Air driving does not count.
Are you in the Central Region? If so, Art 3 Sec 10 allows moving into any FT job. The 1 yr safe driving applied as you stated would eliminate every off the street hire. Might want to have a talk with your BA.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Are you in the Central Region? If so, Art 3 Sec 10 allows moving into any FT job. The 1 yr safe driving applied as you stated would eliminate every off the street hire. Might want to have a talk with your BA.

We have been through this. In order to attend feeder school, you must have 1 year UPS safe driving.

This feeder school prepares you to get your CDL.

If they hire from the outside, the prospective candidate must have a CDL and no accidents in the past 12 months.

Now, if a PTer already had a CDL, they would fulfill the same qualifications as an outside hire and could go into feeders before hiring from the outside as long as their 6 for 1 is not met.

It has been grieved and a decision rendered.

Inthegame

Now, if a PTer already had a CDL, they would fulfill the same qualifications as an outside hire and could go into feeders before hiring from the outside as long as their 6 for 1 is not met.
Thanks for the clarity I missed. You've written exactly what I meant. We have had several PT's go directly to Feeders through this avenue.

We have been through this. In order to attend feeder school, you must have 1 year UPS safe driving.

This feeder school prepares you to get your CDL.

If they hire from the outside, the prospective candidate must have a CDL and no accidents in the past 12 months.

It has been grieved and a decision rendered.
Not just 12 months accident free but also at least 12 months driving tractor trailer FT in all weather conditions. We have only had one Art 22.3 that met this qualification when his National Guard unit was mobilized and he drove for the Army FT. He was DQ for accidents shortly afterward.

wayfair

swollen member
A preloader in my building was hired 22.3 off the street, 10 years ago... never drove, has attended feeder school for the last 2 weeks.

Johney

Not just 12 months accident free but also at least 12 months driving tractor trailer FT in all weather conditions. We have only had one Art 22.3 that met this qualification when his National Guard unit was mobilized and he drove for the Army FT. He was DQ for accidents shortly afterward.
How would any p/c drivers ever get into feeders then? This provision alone would have eliminated every feeder driver ever hired here.

How would any p/c drivers ever get into feeders then? This provision alone would have eliminated every feeder driver ever hired here.
You are right. A PTer can't get into Feeders in my building. Some have went to truck driving school on their own dime, but with out the one year safe driving in the package car classification they were not qualified.

Johney

You are right. A PTer can't get into Feeders in my building. Some have went to truck driving school on their own dime, but with out the one year safe driving in the package car classification they were not qualified.
Not p/t'ers. How do Package Car drivers get into feeders? You said they need 12 month's of Tractor trailer driving experience. How can a p/c driver get that and still have a job driving a package car?

Not p/t'ers. How do Package Car drivers get into feeders? You said they need 12 month's of Tractor trailer driving experience. How can a p/c driver get that and still have a job driving a package car?
I was referring to an off the street hire. Package car driver must have a years safe driving in package cars.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sorry Bug

In the Central Region Supplement to The National Master UPS Agreement..........

Your supplement may be different. Yada yada yada.

Hate to tell you Mug....

My Local is in the Central Region, and we have twice....

Negotiated with the company (locally) to allow Part-timers And 22.3's to bid

in to feeders with No driving experience at all.

We even negotiated, to allow them to use the company equipment to take the CDL test.

So.... Yada, yada, yada.... Local Practices can supersede the Central Region Language.

Just trying, to help you out. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hate to tell you Mug....

My Local is in the Central Region, and we have twice....

Negotiated with the company (locally) to allow Part-timers And 22.3's to bid

in to feeders with No driving experience at all.

We even negotiated, to allow them to use the company equipment to take the CDL test.

So.... Yada, yada, yada.... Local Practices can supersede the Central Region Language.

Just trying, to help you out. :biggrin:

-Bug-
Sorry Bug....

Your local Supplement, Rider or Addendum may be different.

Consult your Steward or BA for your local practices......Yada Yada yada....

Local practices, Riders and Addendum do supercede the Supplements and Master unless specifically mentioned that it can not.

And there are only 1 or 2 instances of Supplements, Riders and Addendum not being able to supercede.

Just trying to help you out.

-Mug-