I backed in to a mailbox today....

Big Rigger

I hope that your avatar is not a selfie. If it is confess your guts out and pray for forgiveness.

What degree was the mailbox tilting?

You should of straighten it and tamped it down, no harm ... no foul.

Rookies..🥺
Disagree. Report it to the homeowner and then your next call should be the boss. That order of reporting will give the property owner a chance to say "don't worry about it" and that will help management's blood pressure when you notify them. Since you're only TCD they normally let you get back into the road again after a bunch of safety analysis as long as there's no damages to the rental.

Last edited:

floridays

First time poster here. My on road had me work in Santa Fe today and they ended up putting me in a rental. I passed my packet about two weeks ago as a TCD. The rental didn't have a back up camera and the area I made the mistake of pulling in to was tight, but that is no excuse and I just messed up. Ended up bumping in to a mailbox and now it's leaning slighty. I'm going to tell my supervisor tomorrow and I know there's a good chance I'll lose my job but I figured I would post on here and see if anyone has had a similar experience. And for anyone that has seen this before, how likely do you think it is that they will terminate me?
Nice haircut Cleopatra

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I reported everything. It gave them something new to scream at me for. The guy who walked by and keyed my truck, the bird that hit my windsheild, the chunk of ice that flew off top of a semi, and scratched my beautiful brown paint on my hood. ETC. Every morning new dents and scatches on my rub rails. My bouncy bumper thing, that got caught on a bolt on A dock.
Right before I quit, I smashed a rside mirror, on a telephone pole, too close when pulling off on a narrow road. Called it in, late afternoon, snowy day, Friday. center manager was only one in building. He didnt want to come out, so obvious, in the hood almost dark. He said, are you sure you hit it, or was it a pothole that cracked it. I said Yes Im pretty sure I hit it. Get out and look, he says is there a pothole nearby? I said Nope no pothole, pretty sure it was me. He said I think it was a pothole, those roads are awful. Write up cracked mirror.. Ok boss. I thought it was hilarious. Talked me right out of an accident.

Whereistheunion

First time poster here. My on road had me work in Santa Fe today and they ended up putting me in a rental. I passed my packet about two weeks ago as a TCD. The rental didn't have a back up camera and the area I made the mistake of pulling in to was tight, but that is no excuse and I just messed up. Ended up bumping in to a mailbox and now it's leaning slighty. I'm going to tell my supervisor tomorrow and I know there's a good chance I'll lose my job but I figured I would post on here and see if anyone has had a similar experience. And for anyone that has seen this before, how likely do you think it is that they will terminate me?
@ UPS you have to report a ACCIDENT promptly no matter the severity of the accident. If you notify your supervisor tomorrow you will be promptly discharged for not reporting a accident that you had knowledge of. We had a driver discharged for scrapping a pole inside the UPS building/facility told the supervisor the next day; he was immediately discharged.

Whereistheunion

I hope that your avatar is not a selfie. If it is confess your guts out and pray for forgiveness.

What degree was the mailbox tilting?

You should of straighten it and tamped it down, no harm ... no foul.

Rookies..🥺
That Avatar is a famous a TV personality name Tyler the Creator. ODD FUTURE clothing line.

Should have called it in right away.
Why didn’t you just tell him when it happened?

might as well not even mention it cause you’re probably toast
Did you get out and look at it when it happened? If not you could always play ignorance and if it gets brought up act like you didn’t know. I hate saying it but since you :censored2:ed up and didn’t report it right away you should keep your mouth shut and let this be a huge lesson learned. Not reporting it and risking a job that down the road can set you and your family up for life is complete ignorance.

BrownSnowFlake

it did not have a back up camera in 2021 is a safety hazard
When I started driving trucks nobody had back-up cameras. GPS was rare and expensive. I had to get out and look to make sure there no dinosaurs or woolly mammoths behind me. Sorry but I don't find your argument compelling. OP should git gud.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
When I started driving trucks nobody had back-up cameras. GPS was rare and expensive. I had to get out and look to make sure there no dinosaurs or woolly mammoths behind me. Sorry but I don't find your argument compelling. OP should git gud.
Same here. Damn brontosaurus’s kept blocking the roads!

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
i was delivering to a p.o. one time and the dock was blocked by a dozen or more of their carts, so i stopped next to the ramp as i had 300+ pkgs to give them. anyway, as i was pushing a cart up the ramp, one of their employees backed his truck up towards the dock and as he turned to go forward, pushed my driver side mirror forward. i just happened to see it as i had full view from the dock and i was on the phone with my center manager 30 seconds later. fully expected the usps employee to report that i had hit and scratched his vehicle. fortunately it never came to that but that's the mindset you need to have as a ups driver.

clean hairy

Did you and Rod work out of the same building back then?