I broke one of my own rules yesterday...

UPS Lifer

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do... it is not always about UPS or being paid but is is ALWAYS about your customers. This effort is why customers highly regard the men and women in brown. It is why the little brown shield shines bright and is well respected.

My hat is off to you and all the rest of the employees at UPS that somehow, someway get it done when it seems that the odds are impossible.

Next week when you are freezing cold, tired and hungry and it feels like the packages keep multiplying by themselves .... remember that there are people like me out there who are extremely proud of your effort and your fortitude and who care about you and your safety.

We are thinking of you and wish you and your loved ones the very best.
Merry Christmas and Happy & Safe Holiday Season!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't mind calling customers. I do save it for the ones that are necessary. I don't mind giving customers my number. Again when necessary. The times that I refuse to do it are for the ones that think its their right to expect it. That is where the courtesy stops.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
A couple of years ago I asked to cover a trip because I wanted to check out some things in the town that was over 50 miles from home. Monday about 12:30 my cell phone rings & I answer it thinking it was a wrong number. Here it was a local customer that said they were waiting for me to get there so they could have lunch. The regular driver had given the customer my number but he didn't tell me. I found out that every Monday & Friday he was treated to lunch by their company and I was known in my center as a guy that usually doesn't miss a free lunch.

This was one time that a customer having my cell phone number paid off. Two free lunches & UPS saving me driving 100 miles on my nickle. What a good week.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPSCarandtrailer1930s.jpg

WOW!!! -- I see UPS has finally upgraded their package cars since I retired:wink2: