I Don't Care How Rich You Are, You Can't Buy A UPS Truck

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I Don't Care How Rich You Are, You Can't Buy A UPS Truck - Jalopnik

It’s got style. It’s got speed. It’s got heart. It’s the adrenaline-pumping, track-destroying vehicle of your dreams. It’s the infamous UPS Package Car, and you can’t have it.

Really, you can’t.

The shipping company has a policy strictly prohibiting the resale of their trucks. Not only do they not sell them, but they make it nearly impossible for an old truck to slip back to the streets in full-UPS livery.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Unlike FedEx, which sells its worn out castoffs to grateful Ground contractors. FedEx: Improving the bottom line, whether it's ethical or not.

bbsam

Staff member
Unlike FedEx, which sells its worn out castoffs to grateful Ground contractors. FedEx: Improving the bottom line, whether it's ethical or not.
Really? I don’t think we have any of those locally anymore. They weren’t terrible, but the company found ways to discourage purchasing them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Really? I don’t think we have any of those locally anymore. They weren’t terrible, but the company found ways to discourage purchasing them.
The unfortunate Ground driver in my route area inherited a castoff W700 from Express.
Poor guy had to jump out at every stop to place a chock under the tires to keep from rolling off because the parking brake was non-functional.

bbsam

Staff member
The unfortunate Ground driver in my route area inherited a castoff W700 from Express.
Poor guy had to jump out at every stop to place a chock under the tires to keep from rolling off because the parking brake was non-functional.
Recently?