I Don't Get It

MAKAVELI

You are the one missing the point. Nobody is asking for $32 an hour right now.Shi t, we can't even get a 3% cola raise right now when the stock is over $100. If you think they are going to pay us any more than we get now without representation you are only fooling yourself. They don't plan on topping out anyone in the future. It's been said by management. I think someone got to you and now you are scared from the lies and propaganda that was told to you. You gotta stop being a blind sheep and realize there is strength in numbers and we can get a better deal for ourselves. Ever since I started with this company, it's been doom and gloom. The company is hurting, we need you to work harder for less. Bs. This company even when the economy was in the tank was turning a profit. I for one never was a sheep and never will be.

We're all proud of you. Tell me what the stock price has to do with your pay? The price reflects a belief that FedEx will provide a bigger dividend per share in the future because Fred S has said they are going to almost double profits by 2016. Part of the way they are going to do that is reducing overhead. And Ground's growth will provide much of it. I've already pointed out what a better deal would mean if they were willing right now. A little higher top-out and a faster, but not much faster, path to top pay. And your saying no one is asking for $32hr right now is telling. It's why FedEx has done everything they can to keep a union out. Eventually you'll want that higher pay. And it's not fear, it's looking at things realistically instead of pitching a fit and saying I want what I want. It makes no difference to me as I'm approaching the end of the line. Even if you could pull off a union and force much better pay and benefits, by the time you do I wouldn't care anymore. I'm not staying to work for a bunch of lying, cheating lunatics any longer than I have to and soon I won't have to. Good luck with all that, you'll need it.

The stock price has everything to do with profit. Not just potential profit, but present profit as well. There is a direct correlation between the stock price and their ability to increase our pay. You want to continue to make excuses for a company that has money for everything else but pay its workers what they deserve for the hard work and dedication they put in. Does it make sense to pay over $ 600 million to people not to work here anymore and nothing to its frontline workers?You still can't give a legitimate reason as to why they "delayed raises" this year.

vantexan

The stock price has everything to do with profit. Not just potential profit, but present profit as well. There is a direct correlation between the stock price and their ability to increase our pay. You want to continue to make excuses for a company that has money for everything else but pay its workers what they deserve for the hard work and dedication they put in. Does it make sense to pay over $ 600 million to people not to work here anymore and nothing to its frontline workers?You still can't give a legitimate reason as to why they "delayed raises" this year.

They had $2.03 Billion in profit last fiscal year. That's what is left after everything is paid for including payroll. If they gave all that profit to Express employees, never mind employees at other opco's, how far would it go? They aren't going to give it all to us. As far as the delayed raises, I didn't know I was supposed to give you a reason, and I'm angry over it too. My guess is that they are keeping that money to show Wall Street some growth in profits. We'll get the raise, hopefully, after they have their annual Investor Relations meeting in October. I'm not making excuses, I'm just telling you real world facts that you don't want to accept.

bbsam

Staff member
They had $2.03 Billion in profit last fiscal year. That's what is left after everything is paid for including payroll. If they gave all that profit to Express employees, never mind employees at other opco's, how far would it go? They aren't going to give it all to us. As far as the delayed raises, I didn't know I was supposed to give you a reason, and I'm angry over it too. My guess is that they are keeping that money to show Wall Street some growth in profits. We'll get the raise, hopefully, after they have their annual Investor Relations meeting in October. I'm not making excuses, I'm just telling you real world facts that you don't want to accept.

you realize that makes you anti union.

MAKAVELI

Who is asking for the whole 2.3 billion? You seem to think it would take all of Fedex's profits to give its worker's raises and stop decreasing benefits. That is just not the case. Like I said before follow the money. They have the money they just need to stop spending it on wasteful things.

55+

Has anyone looked at prism lately re raises? I looked friday and it said ill get 1.9%..1/3 of what I got last march

MAKAVELI

you realize that makes you anti union.

I don't think he is anti union. Just misinformed. Everything he says regarding wages vs profit and the effect a union would have, is the company line. Verbatim.

vantexan

Who is asking for the whole 2.3 billion? You seem to think it would take all of Fedex's profits to give its worker's raises and stop decreasing benefits. That is just not the case. Like I said before follow the money. They have the money they just need to stop spending it on wasteful things.

As tight as this company is do you really think there's that much waste? Sure, some, there's always some. You are the one talking union. Well, what will the union do for you? What kind of pay do you expect them to get you, what kinds of improvements in benefits? Add it up, multiply by the number of employees affected, see if it's within the range of what they have left over after everything else is paid for(profit). You make $2.3 Billion sound like alot but FedEx is about a $42Billion a year company, revenue wise, and by far their biggest expense is payroll. Many times more than $2.3 Billion. So how much more can they pay us out of current profits? They'll have to greatly increase profits, and the way they are doing that is through Ground. Since they are reducing the Express division they may be able to pay more to who's left but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

MAKAVELI

As tight as this company is do you really think there's that much waste? Sure, some, there's always some. You are the one talking union. Well, what will the union do for you? What kind of pay do you expect them to get you, what kinds of improvements in benefits? Add it up, multiply by the number of employees affected, see if it's within the range of what they have left over after everything else is paid for(profit). You make $2.3 Billion sound like alot but FedEx is about a $42Billion a year company, revenue wise, and by far their biggest expense is payroll. Many times more than $2.3 Billion. So how much more can they pay us out of current profits? They'll have to greatly increase profits, and the way they are doing that is through Ground. Since they are reducing the Express division they may be able to pay more to who's left but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up. Of course payroll is their biggest expense. As it is just about every other business. Again it's a part of doing business. It wouldn't matter if they made $ 10 billion in profit. There is always going to be an excuse why they can't pay us more. They are only tight with money when it comes to it's frontline workers. Everything else those pockets are so deep they can't reach the bottom.

vantexan

I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up. Of course payroll is their biggest expense. As it is just about every other business. Again it's a part of doing business. It wouldn't matter if they made $ 10 billion in profit. There is always going to be an excuse why they can't pay us more. They are only tight with money when it comes to it's frontline workers. Everything else those pockets are so deep they can't reach the bottom.

But we aren't talking about $10 Billion. If we were I'd say get the union in and fight them tooth and nail.

MAKAVELI

But we aren't talking about $10 Billion. If we were I'd say get the union in and fight them tooth and nail.

2 billion is 2 billion. It's enough to give us something. No matter how you spin it.

vantexan

2 billion is 2 billion. It's enough to give us something. No matter how you spin it.

Like I said, do you think they are going to give anything close to $2 Billion to the employees and leave little for dividends, anything else? I'm not trying to spin anything, just looking at the numbers. I've said all along that the company can certainly do better than what they are doing, but just not anywhere near what a union would demand from them.

MAKAVELI

Like I said, do you think they are going to give anything close to $2 Billion to the employees and leave little for dividends, anything else? I'm not trying to spin anything, just looking at the numbers. I've said all along that the company can certainly do better than what they are doing, but just not anywhere near what a union would demand from them.

You said it they "can do better". But won't because they don't have to. Imho there is no other way to make things better other than representation.

overflowed

Anything is better than what I got now.

+1
I don't want or expect 32 bucks an hour. Just a square deal. The deception practices used are in very poor taste and I take it personally as an attack on my intelligence. For It to even think that we're ok with this is a horrible insult.
P.s. It is the machine \ Fedex

vantexan

+1
I don't want or expect 32 bucks an hour. Just a square deal. The deception practices used are in very poor taste and I take it personally as an attack on my intelligence. For It to even think that we're ok with this is a horrible insult.

What deception practices? Look at the posts. He's still saying the higher pay and better benefits will be phased in. I'm asking where will the money come from? I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else. I'm asking hard questions about the likelihood of getting a union in and it's ability to get people what they want. It's been said over and over on this forum that FedEx can pay as much as UPS if they wanted to. And that a union is what it'll take to make that happen. So prove it! Talk is cheap, do the numbers support that position?

MAKAVELI

+1

What deception practices? Look at the posts. He's still saying the higher pay and better benefits will be phased in. I'm asking where will the money come from? I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else. I'm asking hard questions about the likelihood of getting a union in and it's ability to get people what they want. It's been said over and over on this forum that FedEx can pay as much as UPS if they wanted to. And that a union is what it'll take to make that happen. So prove it! Talk is cheap, do the numbers support that position?

Just an idea bro. Don't take it as the gospel. At least I'm bringing up some ideas for change instead of coming on here and bitching and turning around and saying oh well there is nothing we can do. If you feel powerless and don't want to vote a union in to bring change, then don't. Pretty cut and dry. But what you are doing on here I've seen before. Trying to discourage anyone for standing up for themselves because you got yours and everyone else just has to eat shi t . Don't want to upset the apple cart for you. Management is in your ear and its obvious.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are right, but don't be surprised if it's nowhere near as much as you'd like it to be.

Fred is capable of paying much more, even if he has to steal from his sweetheart Ground in order to do it. We have been bent-over for years, lied to, and stolen-from (pension, profit sharing), and NOBODY should accept our current situation.

With Fred and FedEx, there has never been any negotiation...period. He gives or takes as he pleases, and I guess I'm no longer OK with any of it. It's kind of like being a "laydown" customer for a new car (the dealers love them). They simply walk-in and pay full price for the car, with all of the useless add-ons like extended warranty and "custom" $250 floormats you could get at the local auto parts store for $20. No negotiations, no deals.

What if we negotiate a 3-year topout and end market levels for starters? What about negotiating a return to the Traditional Pension Plan? What you don't seem to get is that we have zero power to ask for anything unless we start behaving badly and push for a union, Screwing-up the system gets their attention, and signing the cards says we mean business. Anything we do that costs Fredward money is to our advantage, as is anything we do that reduces customer service and satisfaction.

As others have said, anything we get back or even retain is better than what we're getting now, which is nothing. In fact, it's less than nothing because he keeps taking away!! We are moving backwards.

When do we say "enough is enough"?