I Don't Get It

overflowed

What deception practices? Look at the posts. He's still saying the higher pay and better benefits will be phased in. I'm asking where will the money come from? I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else. I'm asking hard questions about the likelihood of getting a union in and it's ability to get people what they want. It's been said over and over on this forum that FedEx can pay as much as UPS if they wanted to. And that a union is what it'll take to make that happen. So prove it! Talk is cheap, do the numbers support that position?
Deception the way your all the sudden talking and acting. Do you sincerely believe there is no room for raises? If so, you definitely been at this place way too long. You must've been delivering in the hood and took some crack because they said it was a magic P1 pill and it'll help you make service.
All joking aside? The deception I'm talking about? "We don't have any money to give you guys for raises because of the economy."
This is a flat out lie. DECEPTION.
I'm asking where will the money come from?

Do you see UPS driving Mercedes trucks? No, most are pieces of falling apart crap from the 80's. Point being bud, the money is always made up somehow. No A\C who cares. No Costco cakes? Who cares?

vantexan

Just an idea bro. Don't take it as the gospel. At least I'm bringing up some ideas for change instead of coming on here and bitching and turning around and saying oh well there is nothing we can do. If you feel powerless and don't want to vote a union in to bring change, then don't. Pretty cut and dry. But what you are doing on here I've seen before. Trying to discourage anyone for standing up for themselves because you got yours and everyone else just has to eat shi t . Don't want to upset the apple cart for you. Management is in your ear and its obvious.

I've got mine? $18.17hr after 14+ years, a gutted pension, an inadequate health plan? If you put a vote for a union in front of me I will vote for it. More power to you. But I do get tired of the cheerleading that goes on here with no regard to the realities of our situation. And if you are for free speech I guess it's only for those who speak what you want to hear. I don't want people to come on here and start believing that everything is one sided. Yes, let's get a union. Yes, FedEx is running by greedy people who portray themselves as caring about us but their policies say otherwise. But people are going to be very disappointed when they find out that they aren't going to get everything they wanted. If it goes to arbitration to resolve contract issues FedEx will present how much they take in, what their obligations are, what they are able to pay. And people who are very experienced in this sort of thing will decide the matter and they aren't going to break FedEx to give you what they can't pay. Just keep all that in mind when you start thinking we'll fix FedEx for all they've done to us when we get that union. And don't tell me that reasoning doesn't enter into the minds of many who want a union.

Deception the way your all the sudden talking and acting. Do you sincerely believe there is no room for raises? If so, you definitely been at this place way too long. You must've been delivering in the hood and took some crack because they said it was a magic P1 pill and it'll help you make service.
All joking aside? The deception I'm talking about? "We don't have any money to give you guys for raises because of the economy."

Do you see UPS driving Mercedes trucks? No, most are pieces of falling apart crap from the 80's. Point being bud, the money is always made up somehow. No A\C who cares. No Costco cakes? Who cares?
Hey...we atleast have one or maybe two package cars from the 1990s!!lol

vantexan

I saw a brand new UPS stepvan the other day, the same model recently posted here. If you look at my posts you'll see that I've said over and over that FedEx can certainly do better than they are doing for us. But I'm trying to get the point across that the money isn't there to have UPS type pay and benefits, an idea that you seem to believe in if FedEx would spend the money on us instead of new trucks, etc. If I'm wrong I apologize but that is what the above sounds like. Apparently saying anything but what you want to hear makes me a suspect, a shill, a wolf in sheep's clothing, etc. Someone is selling you false hope, and it isn't me.

overflowed

I saw a brand new UPS stepvan the other day, the same model recently posted here. If you look at my posts you'll see that I've said over and over that FedEx can certainly do better than they are doing for us. But I'm trying to get the point across that the money isn't there to have UPS type pay and benefits, an idea that you seem to believe in if FedEx would spend the money on us instead of new trucks, etc. If I'm wrong I apologize but that is what the above sounds like. Apparently saying anything but what you want to hear makes me a suspect, a shill, a wolf in sheep's clothing, etc. Someone is selling you false hope, and it isn't me.

I don't care what clothing you wear bud. You really eat up the propaganda. You see, no one wants what UPS is getting or got, just what's fair. What we're getting isn't fair. You are acting funny brother.

MAKAVELI

Just an idea bro. Don't take it as the gospel. At least I'm bringing up some ideas for change instead of coming on here and bitching and turning around and saying oh well there is nothing we can do. If you feel powerless and don't want to vote a union in to bring change, then don't. Pretty cut and dry. But what you are doing on here I've seen before. Trying to discourage anyone for standing up for themselves because you got yours and everyone else just has to eat shi t . Don't want to upset the apple cart for you. Management is in your ear and its obvious.

I've got mine? $18.17hr after 14+ years, a gutted pension, an inadequate health plan? If you put a vote for a union in front of me I will vote for it. More power to you. But I do get tired of the cheerleading that goes on here with no regard to the realities of our situation. And if you are for free speech I guess it's only for those who speak what you want to hear. I don't want people to come on here and start believing that everything is one sided. Yes, let's get a union. Yes, FedEx is running by greedy people who portray themselves as caring about us but their policies say otherwise. But people are going to be very disappointed when they find out that they aren't going to get everything they wanted. If it goes to arbitration to resolve contract issues FedEx will present how much they take in, what their obligations are, what they are able to pay. And people who are very experienced in this sort of thing will decide the matter and they aren't going to break FedEx to give you what they can't pay. Just keep all that in mind when you start thinking we'll fix FedEx for all they've done to us when we get that union. And don't tell me that reasoning doesn't enter into the minds of many who want a union.

Look the bottom line is if you truly want a union, do something, even if it's just getting a few people to sign cards. It's a domino effect. You get a couple of cards, those people get a couple of cards and so on. You don't have to organize your station or district. Or just step aside and let someone else take the risk. What you are doing here is just management's bidding. Just instill enough doubt and fear to try and discourage enough people from organizing. Is it going to be hard as hell? You bet. Will we get everything we want? Obviously not. It's better than the alternative of begging for table scraps. I have not heard one person who thinks they will be making UPS money and benefits. Most people that I work with are smart enough to understand that.

vantexan

I don't care what clothing you wear bud. You really eat up the propaganda. You see, no one wants what UPS is getting or got, just what's fair. What we're getting isn't fair. You are acting funny brother.

It's been stated over and over that FedEx should pay us what UPS drivers make, with comparable benefits too. And that having a union is the key to getting all that. I'm pointing out the numbers don't work. And won't work until FedEx is comparable to UPS as a mostly ground freight company. Sue me for telling the truth. And I won't even bother bringing up the famous Jack Nicholson line.

MAKAVELI

You are a broken record dude. Let's spell it out for you.W E D O N T E X P E C T U P S P A Y!

DON'T BE MANAGEMENT'S BITCH!

vantexan

You are a broken record dude. Let's spell it out for you.W E D O N T E X P E C T U P S P A Y!

No, you'll just get it phased in over the life of the contract. Right. You were saying that earlier, if the above is how you see it now then maybe I made my point. My work here is done, I shall now rest. :backingout:

overflowed

We argue? Yes. We disagree often? Yes.
However, we do the same job for the same crappy pay, who else would understand better what we all go through on a daily basis?
Everyone, we are brothers and sisters whether we like it or not, act accordingly . We spend much too much time talking about our differences when we should be looking at our commonalities. Think about this please.

MAKAVELI

No, you'll just get it phased in over the life of the contract. Right. You were saying that earlier, if the above is how you see it now then maybe I made my point. My work here is done, I shall now rest. :backingout:
You made absolutely no point. I also said I don't think we would see 30 in the first contract. You are obviously stuck between feeling wronged by the company and the fear management put in your head about unionization.

vantexan

You made absolutely no point. I also said I don't think we would see 30 in the first contract. You are obviously stuck between feeling wronged by the company and the fear management put in your head about unionization.

Management hasn't done any such thing. I think for myself, and it's been apparent for a long time now that the numbers don't add up. I'm not going to violate mu conscience just to keep you happy.

vantexan

You are wrong bro. They can pay more. Ground and express are part of the same corporation. The money goes into the same pot. How does ups have lower costs when they pay their drivers twice what they pay express? Management is always saying" labor is their biggest expense". Ups may have a lower costs on their ground freight but it also produces lower revenue per pkg vs per express pkg.

Hmmmm....

Goldilocks

In my area Cosco employees start off at $18/hr plus much better benifits.