I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Banned
Durable goods have a life span. The least you use and abuse them, the longer they will last.

Maybe you just need a bicycle or a motorcycle. If you need a car, get a smart car. But you might have trouble getting you head inside. :wink2:
no they dont. as cars sit unused, their lifespan also shortens. when cars break down and they get too old, the manufacturers design them so that you cant get parts and must buy a new one which is totally incompatible with the one you already have. this is not efficient, this is good for $$$.

yea there should be a 1 seater car which is safe, amongst other things. and the market doesnt provide this as far as i know.

Dr.Brownz

no they dont. as cars sit unused, their lifespan also shortens. when cars break down and they get too old, the manufacturers design them so that you cant get parts and must buy a new one which is totally incompatible with the one you already have. this is not efficient, this is good for $$$.

yea there should be a 1 seater car which is safe, amongst other things. and the market doesnt provide this as far as i know.

they make one seater cars. Use google, it's a great new tool brought to you by capitalism

Dr.Brownz

capitalist inefficiency:

i use maybe 20% of the space in my car, and drive it for 1/24th of the day. the rest of the time its sitting, rotting away.

capitalists want us to buy as much of their product as possible because then we pay them more.

an efficient system would have us not consuming so much to begin with, and efficient asset utilization. i think basically everything i own is only used less than 5% of the time.

Ride a bike then lazy ass. They make electric cargo bikes too if you're a Jaba the hutt type, they cost about $3,000.

rickyb

Banned
Ride a bike then lazy ass. They make electric cargo bikes too if you're a Jaba the hutt type, they cost about $3,000.
i work 40 hours a week so the capitalists have me not lazy by default.

bikes arent practical, works too far away, and bad weather too.

the solution is a rational public transit system.

Dr.Brownz

i work 40 hours a week so the capitalists have me not lazy by default.

bikes arent practical, works too far away, and bad weather too.

the solution is a rational public transit system.

LOL living off the fat of capitalism and you can't ride a bike! I work more than 40 hours a week and I ride 10 miles up a hill to work at least 2 or 3 times a week and it snows and gets down to 20 Fahrenheits or lower here in the winter. I rode to work today and I will again Friday. That is the most efficient use of resources. Sure it will take longer but you said you want most efficient use of resources. By biking to work you kill many birds with one stone: transport, work out, de-stress, less pollution and very low cost.

vantexan

rickyb

Banned
Do you clinch the steering wheel very tight, grimacing as you drive around, knowing that you're betraying all that's sacred to you?
no i keep one hand on the wheel and one hand on a hand warmer or my ****.

i just try not to crash and note how lucky i am i work a schedule where i dont deal with any rush hour while alot of the idiots i share this world with are.

vantexan

no i keep one hand on the wheel and one hand on a hand warmer or my ****.

i just try not to crash and note how lucky i am i work a schedule where i dont deal with any rush hour while alot of the idiots i share this world with are.
You're still doing exactly what you're against.

vantexan

thats like saying what stops poor people from being rich?

govt policy for one. what stops unions? govt policy in part.
That's not like that at all. If people want to start a business as a co-op what's stopping them? Evil capitalists start businesses all the time out of their homes with little capital.

rickyb

Banned
That's not like that at all. If people want to start a business as a co-op what's stopping them? Evil capitalists start businesses all the time out of their homes with little capital.
you should look it up instead of asking me.

what i said was in part correct. theres govt policy that could change to encourage it.

vantexan

yea and i blame the lack of market freedom. the market doesnt offer an affordable efficient system.

and believe me i do more of what i believe in than you do.
Oh? I did without a car for many years, often walking over three miles one way to work. Walked nearly a mile to work in Kansas in '91 in 70 below windchill several times. Have owned several Honda scooters, got over 100 miles to the gallon on one. I openly advocated for a union in a company adamantly opposed to unions. Have put my name out here as well as my employee number and station code. The problem with you is you assume you're morally superior but other than rant here what do you do? Stick it to the man by pretending to work? Impressive!

rickyb

Banned
Oh? I did without a car for many years, often walking over three miles one way to work. Walked nearly a mile to work in Kansas in '91 in 70 below windchill several times. Have owned several Honda scooters, got over 100 miles to the gallon on one. I openly advocated for a union in a company adamantly opposed to unions. Have put my name out here as well as my employee number and station code. The problem with you is you assume you're morally superior but other than rant here what do you do? Stick it to the man by pretending to work? Impressive!
yea what do i do again?

use the search button, then youll figure out why i think pretty highly of myself in a political sense.

youre crazy driving motorcycles in a big city. i do some crazy :censored2:, but im not gonna do that kinda thing 5 days a week.

thats great you did pro union work.