I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Dr.Brownz

capitalism is terribly inefficient because paying people by the hour often is only enough incentive for the workers to do the bare minimum work to keep their job.

at my work there is multiple memos about cell phone usage. one of them is even highlighted LOL. but people still use their phones like crazy.

the supervisors are regularily on their phone using facebook or games or whatever. i asked one last night how much work do you do per shift. he says in winter hes pretending to work 50% of the time. but in summer he is over worked. i didnt ask if there should be more supervisors in summer.

a democratic economic system like worker coops would have workers voting to hire more supervisors in summer and less in winter.

sometimes at my job ill talk to coworkers for 30 minutes at a time. its alot of fun getting paid to talk.

Yeah bro having workers sit and talk to each other sounds like the most efficient economic system anyone could cook up!

vantexan

you said it buddy! capitalism has workers pretending to work.
Look around at all the buildings and airports and roads and schools. Look at your computer, your phone, the food on your plate, your car. No one pretended those into existence. Just because you aren't willing to work doesn't mean others aren't working.

rickyb

All you do, and the people telling you what to do is talk. Talk is cheap.
actually what do you do to promote capitalism and i suppose higher wages for workers?

and what about the guys you listen to, and who are they because i never see you post them here.

rickyb

Look around at all the buildings and airports and roads and schools. Look at your computer, your phone, the food on your plate, your car. No one pretended those into existence. Just because you aren't willing to work doesn't mean others aren't working.
alot of that :censored2: is govt or subsidized by govt.

rickyb

so im living the north american dream and im getting a whole 2 weeks off for vacation. in every western country outside of japan and north america, this is illegal. they have legal guarantees to at least 4 weeks paid vacation a year.

actually what do you do to promote capitalism and i suppose higher wages for workers?

and what about the guys you listen to, and who are they because i never see you post them here.
I do not promote capitalism. I am sec/treasurer of a water company with 8-14 employees. The president of a 501c3. Have a few rentals, a charter company, and a day job.

so im living the north american dream and im getting a whole 2 weeks off for vacation. in every western country outside of japan and north america, this is illegal. they have legal guarantees to at least 4 weeks paid vacation a year.
We get up to 7 weeks vacation plus 5 days, plus 6-7 sick days. Currently paying taxes for family/medical leave next year

rickyb

I do not promote capitalism. I am sec/treasurer of a water company with 8-14 employees. The president of a 501c3. Have a few rentals, a charter company, and a day job.
i never asked what you do for money.

yea youre always on here defending it, usually you dont post any articles, and alot of what you say is BS and you know it.

rickyb

Why don't you embody your own principles and make your company more economically efficient....oh thats right, you are a perpetual victim of society
what do you mean my company? i think i do a good job of acting on what i believe in.

most of us are victims of society. just that alot of us dont know it.