I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

We get up to 7 weeks vacation plus 5 days, plus 6-7 sick days. Currently paying taxes for family/medical leave next year
americans take statistically less vacation than basically everyone else. this is because its left to "free markets" in america; there is no law stating you are guaranteed 4 weeks or more vacation a year.

Last edited:

rickyb

he thinks they put wall paper over the maggots in terms of the 2008 financial crisis. looks at not just america but other countries around the world and makes comparisons to politicians pre WWII. very concerned for the next generation. the economy is not good and he says things collapsed very fast in america. says things arent getting better.

he had a show / segment on fox news and has covered detroit.

"

Legit Unlimited

The Average American warehouse worker makes about 12bucks in California and allot less in less known states. #AnAmericanWorker"

"Societies are held together by a web of social bonds that give individuals a sense of being part of a collective and engaged in a project larger than the self. The shattering of these bonds plunges individuals into deep psychological distress that leads ultimately to acts of self-annihilation, according to sociologist Emile Durkheim. Few reporters have examined this anomie better than Charlie LeDuff, first in his book Detroit, and now in his latest book :censored2:show: The Country’s Collapsing and the Ratings Are Great."

Dr.Brownz

what do you mean my company? i think i do a good job of acting on what i believe in.

most of us are victims of society. just that alot of us dont know it.

LOL so "society" is just perpetually victimizing itself? Yeah you are such a victim how society creates everything that you consume.

i never asked what you do for money.

yea youre always on here defending it, usually you dont post any articles, and alot of what you say is BS and you know it.
Managing the water company and the 501c3 is volunteer work. What I say is mostly from experience. Do you have any experience?

You don’t understand any consequences. Or have any plan of implementation. FYI.... nobody cares if you, or anyone else starts a co-op.

americans take statistically less vacation than basically everyone else. this is because its left to "free markets" in america; there is no law stating you are guaranteed 4 weeks or more vacation a year.
Again....we get 7 weeks plus another 10-12 days. Plus a few holidays.

rickyb

Managing the water company and the 501c3 is volunteer work. What I say is mostly from experience. Do you have any experience?

You don’t understand any consequences. Or have any plan of implementation. FYI.... nobody cares if you, or anyone else starts a co-op.
no, you speak from lack of experience because youve never heard about coops, never worked for them, and never post articles about why they dont work.

the guys who i listen to who promote it know about it / have travelled to them / talked to people which is exactly what capitalist defenders dont do.

its just common sense: being an employee is like being a kid following orders from your parents. not to mention capitalism is undemocratic. choosing your capitalist employer should not be conflated with freedom. thats only half way there. and then follow the money: this system has lead us to gross wealth inequality.

if you think your economy or country is so great, ask people whove experienced both.

Last edited:

rickyb

LOL so "society" is just perpetually victimizing itself? Yeah you are such a victim how society creates everything that you consume.
pretty much. society votes for corrupt politicians all the time, does things not in its best interest. we have mind control basically. and in the developed world they are controlled by force.

vantexan

no, you speak from lack of experience because youve never heard about coops, never worked for them, and never post articles about why they dont work.

the guys who i listen to who promote it know about it / have travelled to them / talked to people which is exactly what capitalist defenders dont do.

its just common sense: being an employee is like being a kid following orders from your parents. not to mention capitalism is undemocratic. choosing your capitalist employer should not be conflated with freedom. thats only half way there. and then follow the money: this system has lead us to gross wealth inequality.

if you think your economy or country is so great, ask people whove experienced both.
Every chicken farmer in the country has heard of coops.

Dr.Brownz

pretty much. society votes for corrupt politicians all the time, does things not in its best interest. we have mind control basically. and in the developed world they are controlled by force.
Yes I'm sure it's you that has determined definitively what societies "best interest" is.

rickyb

Yes I'm sure it's you that has determined definitively what societies "best interest" is.
no one knows for sure but we should try instead of just failing all the time and pretending like were free and got everything figured out.

society is controlled by the rich. thats why we always vote corrupt politicians, and why our politicians get corrupted. and the way the system is organized.

rickyb

talks about the 5.5 billion in corporate welfare amazon got, which is more than 50% of the cost of buildings. jeff bezos is the richest man in the world and one of the cities he put his second HQ is new york which has one of the dirtiest subways in the world. says cities give away the money without tracking how much jobs are actually created. its comparable to the bailouts because theres no terms attached.

says we have record govt, corporate, and personal debts and says debts is one of the big reasons we had a financial crisis in 2008. most of the jobs since then are lower paying.

he comments on the french protests. says 3000 people have been arrested and the military has been mobilized for "their protection" of course. theyve already won some reforms and its spread to a few other EU countries. he says america must do the same and have a debt jubilee.

says top 10% of the country owns 90% of the stock market.

lastly he says the FED is screwed. he says they are damned if they raise rates, damned if they dont. he says the economic chaos this creates means the country will either go fascist or pass some reforms / have a revolution best case. theres a huge gap between the business press and mainstream press in reporting of the economy. this is the worst hes ever seen the economy in his life

rickyb

canadians borrowing money to make up for stagnating wages like america. debt is social control:

Steve Saretsky‏ @SteveSaretsky 21h21 hours ago

Canada's household savings rate has plunged to fresh lows. Right on time for the next recession.

DxOnSdhUcAAStfy.jpg

dudebro

to be fair, i dont really understand what he means by "19". we have stat days which at my current job if you work youre paid 2.5x the rate or get paid 1.5x the rate and bank a day off, and we get 2 weeks vacation by law (which is low relative to nz / australia and EU) going up depending on our collective agreement.

we have 10 stat holidays.

Rob‏ @philosophrob 16m16 minutes ago

Paid vacation days guaranteed by law: New Zealand: 30 Australia: 28 Norway: 27 Denmark: 25 Finland: 25 Switzerland: 25 Sweden: 20 Netherlands: 20 Canada: 19

United States: 0

Why is the United States the only major country in the world not to guarantee any paid vacation?

9 replies 28 retweets 59 likes

But...I live in the US and I get 35? Why isn't it 0? Is this accurate?