I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
obviously people arent just to blame for this: dealerships try and upsell their customers.
Yes they ARE to blame. Sales people are in the business of selling cars. Just because a sales person tries to upsell doesn’t mean a person should say yes. People should do their due diligence before taking on such debt.

rickyb

Yes they ARE to blame. Sales people are in the business of selling cars. Just because a sales person tries to upsell doesn’t mean a person should say yes. People should do their due diligence before taking on such debt.
no no.

people who sell you stuff have certain responsibilities and sometimes there should be more laws controlling how and what they sell. for example wall street banks perpetuated 80%+ of lending fraud. another example is we dont allow people to sell many drugs. etc.

so im not saying this is the solution, but car dealerships could adopt a non commission model. free markets are about people making well informed rational decisions, not emotional decisions influenced by greasy car sales boys or ridiculous car advertisements of some SUV going over a mountain on dirt road.

theres a ton of videos of car dealerships investigative reports by cbc marketplace on youtube.

El Correcto

god is dead
no no.

people who sell you stuff have certain responsibilities and sometimes there should be more laws controlling how and what they sell. for example wall street banks perpetuated 80%+ of lending fraud. another example is we dont allow people to sell many drugs. etc.

so im not saying this is the solution, but car dealerships could adopt a non commission model. free markets are about people making well informed rational decisions, not emotional decisions influenced by greasy car sales boys or ridiculous car advertisements of some SUV going over a mountain on dirt road.

theres a ton of videos of car dealerships investigative reports by cbc marketplace on youtube.
5B4C54AC-DFA6-41A9-8783-EC53A8BC2B2F.jpeg

rickyb

i completely divested all my money from the stock market at the big greasy bank today and put it in tax free term deposits at the coop bank.

i talked to the banker about american health insurance. he said hes got friends who are paying $1500 a month and very expensive rent in brooklyn.

we also talked about the death of the middle class in cities with expensive rents / housing prices.

the stock market is 75% owned by the top 1%. top 10% of US pop owns 90% of the stock market i recall. trump talks about stock market gains but knows most people dont own much portion of the stocks.

i completely divested all my money from the stock market at the big greasy bank today and put it in tax free term deposits at the coop bank.

i talked to the banker about american health insurance. he said hes got friends who are paying $1500 a month and very expensive rent in brooklyn.

we also talked about the death of the middle class in cities with expensive rents / housing prices.

the stock market is 75% owned by the top 1%. top 10% of US pop owns 90% of the stock market i recall. trump talks about stock market gains but knows most people dont own much portion of the stocks.
So you got what you can get at any bank. Something the bank makes no money on. You just switched banks.

$1500 a month for health insurance is half the cost of Canada.

rickyb

with the above strikes graph you can see how far weve fallen.

back in 2011 occupy was saying top 1% have 40% of the wealth. now its even worse:

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff Feb 13

Richest 400 Americans own more than bottom 60% (150 million). US inequality worse than France, UK, Russia or China. Makes society scandalously unfair. But Trump/GOP ignore that, prefer tax cuts for rich and bashing immigrants. #HowCapitalismWorks

rickyb

So you got what you can get at any bank. Something the bank makes no money on. You just switched banks.

$1500 a month for health insurance is half the cost of Canada.
i pay $0, and before that it topped out at $70 for highest earners. most provinces its just included with taxes. US system 2x as expensive as canadas and most other developed countries. US system most expensive in the world, only average results.

i pay $0, and before that it topped out at $70 for highest earners. most provinces its just included with taxes. US system 2x as expensive as canadas and most other developed countries. US system most expensive in the world, only average results.
FYI....you are taxed for your healthcare. You do pay for it. My medical, dental, pension at age 50, legal services, some savings, and 9 weeks paid time off is paid by UPS.

rickyb

FYI....you are taxed for your healthcare. You do pay for it. My medical, dental, pension at age 50, legal services, some savings, and 9 weeks paid time off is paid by UPS.
yea exactly both of us pay for our healthcare, so the question is which one is more efficient and delivers better quality? its not even a question.