I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff Feb 17

The 5 biggest US tech groups (esp. Microsoft & Apple) spent $228 billion on stock buybacks, dividends (enriching the 1%) as Chinese tech firms invested in their strengths. Chinese growth vs US self-enrichment of the 1%. Worried, even Sen. Rubio sees that. http://bit.ly/2Io4Arw
Unfortunately the giving Pledge is a world wide effort and not going strictly to US causes. The 189 billionaire don’t believe you are worthy cause either.

rickyb

tonight at work alot of people worked slow on a stat holiday and they ended up giving out OT to everyone so everyone is earning 2.5x the rate and still slacking

me and one of the other guys close and we usually get off early so we have incentive to not slack and finish the work, but usually with capitalism youre paid by the hour so you do whatever you like.

also i was thinking about how people obsess about immigration in america because they think its a major source of crime and they think its bad for the economy, and meanwhile nothing is mentioned about corporate sector massive crime wave like for example wall st destroying the economy and committing massive crimes.

doing too much work for the capitalists also destroys jobs and weakens the economy but you dont see alot of anti immigration guys complaining about that.

not being unionized destroys the economy, but anti immigration guys dont complain about that.

its a distraction.

vantexan

tonight at work alot of people worked slow on a stat holiday and they ended up giving out OT to everyone so everyone is earning 2.5x the rate and still slacking

me and one of the other guys close and we usually get off early so we have incentive to not slack and finish the work, but usually with capitalism youre paid by the hour so you do whatever you like.

also i was thinking about how people obsess about immigration in america because they think its a major source of crime and they think its bad for the economy, and meanwhile nothing is mentioned about corporate sector massive crime wave like for example wall st destroying the economy and committing massive crimes.

doing too much work for the capitalists also destroys jobs and weakens the economy but you dont see alot of anti immigration guys complaining about that.

not being unionized destroys the economy, but anti immigration guys dont complain about that.

its a distraction.
Translation: I have a schittttty job because I have no skills but being of weak mind I blame everyone else for it. And I stand up to the man by doing the bare minimum. That'll show'em!

rickyb

Translation: I have a schittttty job because I have no skills but being of weak mind I blame everyone else for it. And I stand up to the man by doing the bare minimum. That'll show'em!
i debatably have a better job than a UPS driver, so its definitely mediocre.

you preach the oprah ideology of positivity: "if i set my mind to it, i can do anything (including spitting from earth to the moon, or any other ridiculous free will example i can give)"

people are so stupid they think theres no limits to free will.

rickyb

for sure all the crime committed by illegal immigrants and whatever economic problems they cause for america is LESS than the crimes committed by corporations on un unionized workers and economic problems that come from not even being unionized bare minimum, not even talking worker coops.

but this thought process is not beneficial to the ruling elite so were propagandized into blaming the most vulnerable and people from outside the country (ie russians, muslims, terrorists, commies, etc) instead of looking in the mirror.

vantexan

for sure all the crime committed by illegal immigrants and whatever economic problems they cause for america is LESS than the crimes committed by corporations on un unionized workers and economic problems that come from not even being unionized bare minimum, not even talking worker coops.

but this thought process is not beneficial to the ruling elite so were propagandized into blaming the most vulnerable and people from outside the country (ie russians, muslims, terrorists, commies, etc) instead of looking in the mirror.
A lot of murders and rapes are committed by illegal immigrants. You think that's less of a problem than people not being in a union?

rickyb

A lot of murders and rapes are committed by illegal immigrants. You think that's less of a problem than people not being in a union?
yea you better believe it. you know how many workers are injured and abused on the job? not only because they dont have a union, but it doesnt help.

rape (rāp)

• n.
    The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
  • n.
    The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
  • n.
    Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.

vantexan

yea you better believe it. you know how many workers are injured and abused on the job? not only because they dont have a union, but it doesnt help.

rape (rāp)

• n.
    The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
  • n.
    The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
  • n.
    Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.
You are out of your mind.

rickyb

american dream or nightmare - you be the judge.

2 friends of a friend have lived in a van or are doing it, my buddy is going to buy a sprinter van from the new job hes a manager at, and i am too.

signs of a declining middle class?

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff Feb 19

A capitalism unable to provide decent housing to college students is a failed system. To respond with a plan for students to sleep in their cars worsens the failure. #HowCapitalismWorks

What to do with homeless college students? Let them sleep in the parking lot, new bill says

rickyb

reagan was dishonest with his whole welfare queen racism and government is not the answer pro free market propaganda.

the real economics questions are how is power being distributed within any economic system including capitalism, who has the power, and are we following the golden rule of religion ie treating people as we would want to be treated?

rickyb

i complained with one of hte local ski resorts on their chat, by email, and on facebook and left a 1 star google review and facebook. eventually they gave me the email to the director of marketing who i am in talks with now to get $50.

when consumers follow their self interests in the market place and set the bar high for corporations (instead of setting it low), we get better service.

when citizens hold their govt accountable and puts their representatives feet to the fire, we get better democracy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i complained with one of hte local ski resorts on their chat, by email, and on facebook and left a 1 star google review and facebook. eventually they gave me the email to the director of marketing who i am in talks with now to get $50.

when consumers follow their self interests in the market place and set the bar high for corporations (instead of setting it low), we get better service.

when citizens hold their govt accountable and puts their representatives feet to the fire, we get better democracy.
Sounds more like extortion what you’re doing.

vantexan

Eventually you're going to anger the wrong people.

Let me guess, you’ve spent hours trying to get this $50 refund? The problem I see, is that you don’t like to pay for anything. That will bankrupt/undermine your efforts of giving money to everyone.

You probably don’t even know that ski areas are run seasonally. And don’t bring in much profit.
Why don’t you work at a co-op? Why don’t you practice what you preach?

rickyb

Eventually you're going to anger the wrong people.
stop being afraid. the guys at my work who enjoy the most freedom are the ones who are least afraid. i have a right as a consumer to be angry and give low reviews if these guys are offering new promos.

the good news is when i bought my seasons pass it said 90% sold out and its indeed actually sold out now.

rickyb

Let me guess, you’ve spent hours trying to get this $50 refund? The problem I see, is that you don’t like to pay for anything. That will bankrupt/undermine your efforts of giving money to everyone.

You probably don’t even know that ski areas are run seasonally. And don’t bring in much profit.
Why don’t you work at a co-op? Why don’t you practice what you preach?
ive already answered your last question, ive spent a few minutes trying to get $50 refund.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
hmm i dont think so and i know someone who actually got charged with extortion for gangster :censored2:.
There are varying levels of extortion. Your level is just a milder version. You are threatening them with bad reviews.

E174FC31-FAEE-46F6-8D6C-F2B59D274992.png

rickyb

There are varying levels of extortion. Your level is just a milder version. You are threatening them with bad reviews.

View attachment 236797
yea but my bad reviews are justified and if they come to their senses they will give me a refund. i get free skiing starting march first so asking for a downgrade is not unreasonable. them not permitting refunds or exchanges are the ones who are being unreasonable.