I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

I didn’t say they were wrong about record labels. I said they are not speaking against capitalism at a net worth of over $130 mil.
im speaking against capitalism. and in a sense they are criticizing it. chuck d is definitely against capitalism.

vantexan

so youre saying chuck d, prince, and steven tyler criticism about the record labels is wrong...

i especially trust chuck d, PE are greatest rappers ever.
What did I say that was incorrect? These guys are well compensated, but like employees everywhere it's never enough. If they want more for themselves let them start their own labels and manage all the details. Doesn't matter how great they are as rappers, etc, someone has to keep the books for taxes, hire and fire employees, rent office space, buy equipment, organize concert tours, sell tickets, etc. They get to reap the rewards of fame while a lot of people toil behind the scenes to make it happen. I would think someone interested in co-ops would understand that and would want better pay for the workers, not the well paid star.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What did I say that was incorrect? These guys are well compensated, but like employees everywhere it's never enough. If they want more for themselves let them start their own labels and manage all the details. Doesn't matter how great they are as rappers, etc, someone has to keep the books for taxes, hire and fire employees, rent office space, buy equipment, organize concert tours, sell tickets, etc. They get to reap the rewards of fame while a lot of people toil behind the scenes to make it happen. I would think someone interested in co-ops would understand that and would want better pay for the workers, not the well paid star.
Your obsession with disagreeing with Ricky is really showing your ignorance about the music industry.

Your obsession with disagreeing with Ricky is really showing your ignorance about the music industry.
The problem is that Ricky is siding with millionaires, one percenters, if you will. In order to make a case against capitalism. Why don’t these millionaire musicians start thier own record labels? And put the old guard out of business? Or start a musician co-op.

I’m pretty sure if Steven Tyler and Bono teamed up, they could definitely put a dent in this problem. Do you think they have a “no competition” clause in their respective contracts?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The problem is that Ricky is siding with millionaires, one percenters, if you will. In order to make a case against capitalism. Why don’t these millionaire musicians start thier own record labels? And put the old guard out of business? Or start a musician co-op.

I’m pretty sure if Steven Tyler and Bono teamed up, they could definitely put a dent in this problem. Do you think they have a “no competition” clause in their respective contracts?
The ones who make it do start their own labels. You have to be :censored2:ed over first before you get enough money to start :censored2:ing over others.

rickyb

record labels are probably tied in with concentrated media ownership where 6 corporations own 90% of all media i believe in america.

record labels are probably tied in with concentrated media ownership where 6 corporations own 90% of all media i believe in america.
And dozens of artists start their own. So Steven Tyler says smoky Robinson is owed about $230K. I would think you would applaud that since Smokey Robinson is worth over $100mil. You want to rape all the 1 percenters.

rickyb

And dozens of artists start their own. So Steven Tyler says smoky Robinson is owed about $230K. I would think you would applaud that since Smokey Robinson is worth over $100mil. You want to rape all the 1 percenters.
yea and if you watched the interview its going to the executives who are probably even richer than the artists.

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff 56m56 minutes ago

In capitalism, employees do the work, get wages, salaries. Employers provide tools, equipment, raw materials, etc., get profits. But what employers provide was made by other employees.

Capitalists are costly, unnecessary middlemen inserted between groups of real workers.

rickyb

we need an economy and society where people care about each other and help each other. with capitalism we have centralized power and abuse of power, and propaganda like no tomorrow.

rickyb

richard wolff says most of his life he didnt view society as falling apart, but in the last few years he now believes that is our trajectory.

i agree, i sortve see alot of the inefficiency and complete unsustainability of our system.

yea and if you watched the interview its going to the executives who are probably even richer than the artists.

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff 56m56 minutes ago

In capitalism, employees do the work, get wages, salaries. Employers provide tools, equipment, raw materials, etc., get profits. But what employers provide was made by other employees.

Capitalists are costly, unnecessary middlemen inserted between groups of real workers.
Not really

richard wolff says most of his life he didnt view society as falling apart, but in the last few years he now believes that is our trajectory.

i agree, i sortve see alot of the inefficiency and complete unsustainability of our system.

Apply at one of his co ops.

alot of fish have traces of plastic in them.

Peter Joseph‏ @ZeitgeistFilm 4m4 minutes ago

Plastic use was and is a cost saving mechanism for corporations. Like the once deposit/returnable glass milk/soda bottles, which companies had to deal with at cost, plastic removed any liability of waste by companies. And this is the result. #capitalism

Dead Whale Found With 88 Pounds of Plastic Inside Body in the Philippines
Can you separate the capitalist plastic from the non capitalist plastic? Just so you know, the whales around here are a little smarter.