I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

unions need to work on the basics which is getting its members to follow the golden rule, getting workers to have solidarity with other workers who are abused IE consider it as if it was you who were abused, educating workers on power and class war, and translating that into political / economic action

rickyb

meanwhile US capitalists and govt headed over a cliff with tax cuts and outsourcing of jobs:

'Capitalism is under serious threat'

Mr Rajan told BBC Radio 4's Today Programme "when that happens, the many revolt against capitalism".

He said governments cannot afford to ignore social inequality when considering the economy.

Mr Rajan led India's central bank and was also a former chief economist at the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

He has been tipped by some as a possible successor to take over from Mark Carney as governor of the Bank of England.

"I think capitalism is under serious threat because it's stopped providing for the many, and when that happens, the many revolt against capitalism," he told the BBC.

Mr Rajan said it was possible in the past to obtain a middle class job with "modest education".

But the landscape has changed in the wake of the 2008 global financial crisis and the resulting austerity.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The job creators: Largest employers in every state revealed - and Walmart dominates | Daily Mail Online

$

rickyb

apparently we have gone from 1% owning 40% of the wealth in 2011, to 3 people owning 40% of the wealth of the country.

50% of the country cant cover a $400 emergency. would be interesting to know what % cant cover a $1000 or $2000 emergency.

rickyb

mericans who look and sound like theyre pro capitalist are anti capitalist. they correctly compare capitalist similarities to other economic systems to discover why its failed

capitalism is like the matrix or the force; its all around us and all consuming:

Means TV on Twitter

rickyb

bank teller told me very few people pay their credit card debt in full.

the bank even offers loans at 7% and people still wont do it.

also many jobs arent unionized.

when people have this poor understanding of economics and self regulation on the market, maybe we need to start asking bigger questions like should the govt be regulating what credit card companies are allowed to do to their consumers.

i was telling the teller about how the guy from paris down the block says france doesnt have the system of debt like we do. bank teller says maybe thats why theyre better off than us. i agree, but france is still going to hell just not as fast as america or even canada.

rickyb

im reading a lonely planet book and the words they use to describe how poorly they treat animals who are working, is not that different from how humans treat humans who are working.

BrownArmy

im reading a lonely planet book and the words they use to describe how poorly they treat animals who are working, is not that different from how humans treat humans who are working.

Dude, just write a YA dystopian fantasy novel trilogy, make some millions, then come back and explain to us how you feel raped by taxes.

I am fighting FEMA about false flood zone classification based on lies. Or unsubstantiated facts, if you will.