I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
see perhaps slavery lasted because people thought there was justification for people holding slaves. and then one day there was no justification for it. youre saying theres justification for people profiting off of employees, and dictating to employees what to do. im saying maybe one day there wont be justification for that.

You are replacing an inalienable right, (The right to liberty), with the right to equal outcomes.
One is God given, the other can't be given at all.

rickyb

You are replacing an inalienable right, (The right to liberty), with the right to equal outcomes.
no what im saying is one day people say its ok to do something, and hte next day it isnt.

so what do we believe in? what are we weary of?

i believe in democracy, and im weary of centralized power, be it govt, supervisor / capitalist.

rickyb

btw when i search liberty on the internet this is what i get:

"
liberty
  • n.
    The condition of being free from confinement, servitude, or forced labor.
  • n.
    The condition of being free from oppressive restriction or control by a government or other power."
im not sure how the second definition is fulfilled in this system. im not necessarily in favor of free markets either, ie no laws.

rickyb

the union is doing a new collective agreement right now. its really pathetic, you have to show up to a meeting and they go over the proposals. they should be asking us to vote with our electronics. ill never go to one of those meetings again it was a huge waste of time.

my employer really cares about its google reviews. i cant remember what review i gave them, but workers could easily rate the company 1 star and call out the supervisor whos :censored2:ty. people are demobilized at work, like they are demobilized in democracy outside of it.

rickyb

DRAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEE

David Sirota‏Verified account @davidsirota 23h23 hours ago

THINGS YOU CAN'T MAKE UP: WashPost "fact checker" @GlennKesslerWP criticizes @BernieSanders for saying 3 families control more wealth than the bottom 50% - Kessler says because the bottom 50% have no wealth at all, this is "not especially meaningful." https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/28/fact-checking-first-democratic-debate-night/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a6b9f811636c …

D-aDMzTU4AA-F8T.png

rickyb

what a bunch of crap

John Whitehouse on Twitter

Fox guest enthusiastically spins a new survey showing 23% of American expect to never retire: "What a great country where we have the opportunity to keep working. ... We don't have to retire like generations before us. This is a great blessing! You should embrace it!"

John Whitehouse‏ @existentialfish 10h10 hours ago

this entire clip is full of unbelievable sound bites. i couldn't decide what to use as the pull quote. beyond parody.

D--ecMmWkAApz-C.jpg

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Fact check time.

1950 median family income was $3,300.
1970 median family income was $9,870.
1985 median family income was $23,620.
2000 median family income was $42,148.
2017 median family income was $61,372.

Adjusted for inflation to 2017 dollars, that would translate to:

1950: $34,100.
1970: $63,407.
1985: $54,368.
2000: $60,634.
2017: $61,372.

Sources:
Income of Families and Persons in the United States: 1950
Median Family Income Up in 1970 (Advance data)
Money Income of Households, Families, and Persons in the U.S.: 1985
Money Income in the United States: 2000
Income and Poverty in the United States: 2017

Inflation calculator:
CPI Inflation Calculator

We have every bit as many chances to retire as past generations did.
The fact of the matter is that people prioritize huge houses with no one in them, multiple vehicles, and thousand dollar cell phones, to a modest retirement.

People have the opportunity to do every bit as well as their parents.
Most are just too entitled to make the sacrifices that would get them there.

rickyb

Fact check time.

Sources:

Inflation calculator:
CPI Inflation Calculator

The fact of the matter is that people prioritize huge houses with no one in them, multiple vehicles, and thousand dollar cell phones, to a modest retirement.

how much has govt defunded college over the decades?

whats the union rate over the decades?

what happened to manufacturing jobs?

how much has housing gone up relative to incomes over the decades?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
how much has govt defunded college over the decades?

whats the union rate over the decades?

what happened to manufacturing jobs?

how much has housing gone up relative to incomes over the decades?

More than happy to answer those questions.
After you answer my fact check of your retirement post.

Given that Americans are making far more now than we have historically, how is it that they can't retire?

Answer that, and then we can talk about your little deflections.

rickyb

More than happy to answer those questions.
After you answer my fact check of your retirement post.

Given that Americans are making far more now than we have historically, how is it that they can't retire?

Answer that, and then we can talk about your little deflections.
because theres more to retirement than just earnings. for example, french guy down the block says standard of living was higher there even though wages were lower. govt doesnt measure inflation properly; its much higher than they claim. debts have also gone up since 1970s; thats how americans made up for stagnating wages.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
because theres more to retirement than just earnings. for example, french guy down the block says standard of living was higher there even though wages were lower. govt doesnt measure inflation properly; its much higher than they claim. debts have also gone up since 1970s; thats how americans made up for stagnating wages.

Ricky, you're not reading. In my post, it proved that wages have increased DRASTICALLY, since the 50s.

Debt does not qualify as income. Debt has increased because people live beyond their means.

Standard of living has gone up hugely. The luxury in the 50's was having air conditioning. Nowadays, anyone without it would be considered to be a backwards hillbilly. We have $1,000 dollar smartphones as our luxury items.
Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

I've provided proofs for all my claims. Can you?

rickyb

Ricky, you're not reading. In my post, it proved that wages have increased DRASTICALLY, since the 50s.

Debt does not qualify as income. Debt has increased because people live beyond their means.

Standard of living has gone up hugely. The luxury in the 50's was having air conditioning. Nowadays, anyone without it would be considered to be a backwards hillbilly. We have $1,000 dollar smartphones as our luxury items.
Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

I've provided proofs for all my claims. Can you?
im talking from 1973 to now, which was maybe peak US standard of living.

rickyb

And again, I ask. Knowing full well that you are reading challenged. Proofs for any of your statements?
yea look up michael hudson, richard wolff. you can look up alot of hte stuff ive said. housing prices. you can look up inequality now vs then. look up congress approval ratings. the govt doesnt work anymore. it used to get :censored2: done for consumers in early 1970s

why did america elect its first non white president, and then donald trump?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
yea look up michael hudson, richard wolff. you can look up alot of hte stuff ive said. housing prices. you can look up inequality now vs then. look up congress approval ratings. the govt doesnt work anymore. it used to get :censored2: done for consumers in early 1970s

why did america elect its first non white president, and then donald trump?

Okay. Ain't none of "look up XYZQ" proofs.

I've posted proofs that wages are rising. People can still afford houses just fine. They just seem to have the idea that they can live in any expensive area they want. And have as large of a house as they want.

You aren't owed anything.

As for why did America elect Obama, and then Trump?

I would assume that most Americans freaked out because the country was being driven off a cliff, so they found a better President the next time around.

rickyb

Okay. Ain't none of "look up XYZQ" proofs.

I've posted proofs that wages are rising. People can still afford houses just fine. They just seem to have the idea that they can live in any expensive area they want. And have as large of a house as they want.

You aren't owed anything.

As for why did America elect Obama, and then Trump?

I would assume that most Americans freaked out because the country was being driven off a cliff, so they found a better President the next time around.
looks like the country was being drove off a cliff before obama, and it continued under him.
and yet you say things are the same as they were back then.

im owed justice.

student debts?

ppl cant afford housing in many areas or its inflated. housing went up way faster here than wages have adj for inflation.

rickyb

TERRORISTS

TERRORISTS

JIHADIS

OF BANKING

THEYRE HERE TO KILL YOU AND THEMSELVES

THEY DONT CARE BECAUSE THEYRE TRAINED MADRASSES CALLED PRINCETON, HARVARD, AND YALE.

THEY BELIEVE IN AN IDEOLOGY

NOT THE KORAN

BUT ADAM SMITH WHICH THEY COMPLETELY MISREAD AND USE AS JUSTIFICATION FOR BLOWING THEMSELVES UP

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Fact check time.

Sources:

Inflation calculator:
CPI Inflation Calculator

Yup.
Baby boomers really are the worst generation in history. Garbage entitled snowflakes.