I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Yesterday a coworker said i get paid by the hour, another capitalist inefficiency.

Capitalism conditions us to see things superficially instead of deeply. This society is largely based not on what we learn from experience, but what were told.

Yesterday i called my boss dr phil whats it worth ?@1989

rickyb

my buddy at work keeps saying never forget were paid by the hour.

i started a new position at work and this is my first busy season doing it so i am still finding that balance between not getting in trouble and doing bare minimum work possible.

BrownArmy

i started a new position at work and this is my first busy season doing it so i am still finding that balance between not getting in trouble and doing bare minimum work possible.

I would fire you immediately.

‘Fair days work for a fair days pay’ doesn’t mean slack off.

Have some dignity.

floridays

That's how most co-ops work.:thumbup1:
One post and you spoke volumes.
You figure it out.
Oh, Hey Ricky how you been?

floridays

doing school, finishing up on some physio at work, and paragliding before work.

and you?
I've been ok, you draw your next breath, the heart pumps blood and you can use all your members, it's a good day.
The added plus is poking at people, and letting the ones you appreciate know you appreciate them.
Life's good, too many people want to complicate it.
I had your youthful energy in the past, enjoy it my friend, I did.

Best to you ricky, stay in Canada until you visit us again and we can send you back home when our welcome runs out.

Take care my friend :thumbup1:.

rickyb

I've been ok, you draw your next breath, the heart pumps blood and you can use all your members, it's a good day.
The added plus is poking at people, and letting the ones you appreciate know you appreciate them.
Life's good, too many people want to complicate it.
I had your youthful energy in the past, enjoy it my friend, I did.

Best to you ricky, stay in Canada until you visit us again and we can send you back home when our welcome runs out.

Take care my friend :thumbup1:.
eat healthy and you can live longer! this guy at work lost half his weight. im not sure exactly what he ate. dont be like my dad. lifes a mix of things; i dont want to give it too much credit. as long as we can be at peace with the present and act for the future.

floridays

eat healthy and you can live longer! this guy at work lost half his weight. im not sure exactly what he ate. dont be like my dad. lifes a mix of things; i dont want to give it too much credit. as long as we can be at peace with the present and act for the future.
I'm not fat by any means, I do eat unhealthy things, and obviously did damage in my younger years that seem to be introducing in the past five years. You reap what you sow, I'm not complaining just stating a fact.
We don't agree on much, I do appreciate the passion you hold for your beliefs however.

As humans go, I might piss on you if you caught fire.
Humor my friend, it's how guys talk to people they like.

We don't agree, I love your passion though.
I think I repeated myself, You like prunes ricky?

Take care buddy:thumbup1:.

rickyb

I'm not fat by any means, I do eat unhealthy things, and obviously did damage in my younger years that seem to be introducing in the past five years. You reap what you sow, I'm not complaining just stating a fact.
We don't agree on much, I do appreciate the passion you hold for your beliefs however.

As humans go, I might piss on you if you caught fire.
Humor my friend, it's how guys talk to people they like.

We don't agree, I love your passion though.
I think I repeated myself, You like prunes ricky?

Take care buddy:thumbup1:.
ricky bobby love prune candy

rickyb

capitalism is a major thing thats keeping us from being truly happy.

what capitalism does is tell you youre not good enough, and therefore you must consume to get a temporary high. consumerism is essentially being like an addict because you need your fix. youre not able to just be happy yourself and keep it going, you depend on something and are not free. and we need to aim for justice too instead of nothing.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Capitalism is literally all about competition. No one has to lose. But we have a drive deep within most of us that pushes us to try to make it to the top. Capitalism taps that, and uses it to drive humanity to new heights of success.

Compete. Figure out why you lose, and improve. Repeat.

rickyb

Capitalism is literally all about competition. No one has to lose. But we have a drive deep within most of us that pushes us to try to make it to the top. Capitalism taps that, and uses it to drive humanity to new heights of success.

Compete. Figure out why you lose, and improve. Repeat.
nowadays capitalism is about monopolies and a few companies and people owning the market.

alot of losers, few winners and shrinking in between. and quite often its not about improving either. tech used to have batteries and be more durable. now techs batteries are hard to replace and fall apart much easier.

rickyb

yesterday i talked to a coworker about setting the bar pretty low. we dont give the company an inch so they cant keep asking for a mile. he said he just tries to have fun so it doesnt feel like work. i usually work solo, yesterday me and another coworker killed an hour working together.

capitalism has you spending more time with coworkers than real family.

my boss wants me to do OT. i said ill only do it if you fire these to other coworkers. i have standards and will resist accordingly. or im just too lazy. but its an interesting idea and noone EVER sets standards for doing OT.

vantexan

yesterday i talked to a coworker about setting the bar pretty low. we dont give the company an inch so they cant keep asking for a mile. he said he just tries to have fun so it doesnt feel like work. i usually work solo, yesterday me and another coworker killed an hour working together.

capitalism has you spending more time with coworkers than real family.

my boss wants me to do OT. i said ill only do it if you fire these to other coworkers. i have standards and will resist accordingly. or im just too lazy. but its an interesting idea and noone EVER sets standards for doing OT.
I have a feeling Canada has laws in place that make it hard to fire anyone.

rickyb

I have a feeling Canada has laws in place that make it hard to fire anyone.
im not sure about that. they cant officially set standards at our job, so they have a hard time firing us.

i cant remember how many accidents on the railway you could have before they fire you. maybe 3?

ill ask a UPS driver i work with how hard it is to be fired.