I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

Obviously, this figure has been adjusted for inflation.
Wages should only go up based on increased worker productivity/value in their jobs in this situation.
Obviously, this does not apply to UPS Union sriverss as the 1973 Driver wage was $3.32/hr and is now around $35/hr (not adjusted for inflation) or over 1000% while the cost of living has increased 556%.
GO TEAMSTERS!
And they still complain.

vantexan

There is a whole lot more pressure and accountability on today's drivers than the drivers in 1973.
There is a whole lot more pressure on UPS in the Transportation Marketplace today than in a Regulated Transportation Marketplace in 1973.
True, when I became a courier in '88 the senior couriers were doing things like meeting for breakfast on the clock. Impossible to get away with that now.

rickyb

They charge what the market will bear. If they set the price too high and the product doesn't sell, they lower it until it does. If it's unprofitable at that price they discontinue the product.
In thailand they had a much cheaper price for locals and higher price for 1st world

rickyb

Obviously, this figure has been adjusted for inflation.
Wages should only go up based on increased worker productivity/value in their jobs in this situation.
Obviously, this does not apply to UPS Union Drivers as the 1973 Driver wage was $3.32/hr and is now around $35/hr (not adjusted for inflation) or over 1000% while the cost of living has increased 556%.
GO TEAMSTERS!
Hard to imagine ups drivers have benefited since 1973

rickyb

its starting to get slow again at my job so me and a bunch of guys were in the lunch room talking about how this dumb guy at our job gets picked on by one of the supervisors who abuses his power (suprise suprise) and stories about dumb guy.

but actually we are all dumb guys because were not smart enough to get rid of the worst supervisor who half the guys dont like. but only me and another coworker figured that out, and it took us 2 a little while to reach that conclusion.

unions are pathetic because guys dont follow the golden rule, dont follow an injury to one is an injury to all, guys are unorganized, guys snitch, we dont post 1 star reviews of our company (our company cares about this, many others do not).

BrownArmy

its starting to get slow again at my job so me and a bunch of guys were in the lunch room talking about how this dumb guy at our job gets picked on by one of the supervisors who abuses his power (suprise suprise) and stories about dumb guy.

but actually we are all dumb guys because were not smart enough to get rid of the worst supervisor who half the guys dont like. but only me and another coworker figured that out, and it took us 2 a little while to reach that conclusion.

unions are pathetic because guys dont follow the golden rule, dont follow an injury to one is an injury to all, guys are unorganized, guys snitch, we dont post 1 star reviews of our company (our company cares about this, many others do not).

Just go to work.

rickyb

Ralph Nader
@RalphNader

·
19h
The latest is Eugene Scalia to become Secretary of Labor. Scalia is anti-labor and anti-union. Will the Senate stop Trump here? -R
Show this thread

Ralph Nader
@RalphNader

·
19h
Trump's standard for selecting heads of federal agencies that advance the safety, health and economic well-being of Americans by curbing corporate crime abuses is simple. Does the applicant have a record of working to dismantle the agency's enforcement work? If so, they're hired.