I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

i was thinking about how inefficient cars are, like how they sit around unused probably %90 or more of the time, how much space is actually used in a car when in use.

the communists in prague expanded public transit so much that alot of ppl dont have licenses in that city.

another major inefficency of cars is that if you are driving alone then you have to focus on driving. but if public transit was expanded you could read a book, surf the internet, do work, watch a movie instead.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i was thinking about how inefficient cars are, like how they sit around unused probably %90 or more of the time, how much space is actually used in a car when in use.

the communists in prague expanded public transit so much that alot of ppl dont have licenses in that city.

another major inefficency of cars is that if you are driving alone then you have to focus on driving. but if public transit was expanded you could read a book, surf the internet, do work, watch a movie instead.
We should live in them to increase efficiency!

rickyb

yesterday my supervisor begged me to do OT, says i havent returned the favor for him letting us go 1.5 hours early (officially, unoffically we left 2 hours early or even more), i told him im not doing OT, i already do 40 hours a week which i dont want to, i almost called in sick the other day but came to work, and what i didnt say was i still talk to you even though you cause trouble with certain coworkers.

rickyb

this government / capitalist system (call it the matrix) encourages mediocrity.

here are a list of things most people dont know how to do:

-engine braking on hills
-cars
-clothes
-freedom
-tv shows
-mainstream news
-mainstream religion
-life
-voting
-rush hour
-work life balance
-balance
-happiness

vantexan

-engine braking on hills
-cars
-clothes
-freedom
-tv shows
-mainstream news
-mainstream religion
-life
-voting
-rush hour
-work life balance
-balance
-happiness
So?

BrownArmy

-engine braking on hills
-cars
-clothes
-freedom
-tv shows
-mainstream news
-mainstream religion
-life
-voting
-rush hour
-work life balance
-balance
-happiness

Wut

rickyb

sounds about right to me:

Bernie Sanders
@SenSanders

·
Sep 2
If you were born in 1973, the median wage went from $17 to $19 an hour over your lifetime. That’s it. Two bucks in 45 years. The top 1%'s annual income tripled: $480K to $1.45 million. That's why we need a political revolution. To build an economy for all of us—not the 1%.

El Correcto

god is dead

Bernie Sanders
@SenSanders

·
Sep 2
If you were born in 1973, the median wage went from $17 to $19 an hour over your lifetime. That’s it. Two bucks in 45 years. The top 1%'s annual income tripled: $480K to $1.45 million. That's why we need a political revolution. To build an economy for all of us—not the 1%.
A :censored2:ty colored tv in 1970 would of cost you $300, around $1,800 today.

Today you can go out and buy a way better flat screen for around $100, or $15 in 1970.

Sanders is a clown fren.

El Correcto

god is dead
Feel free to do this with any product or industry and see how much the average american’s buying power and access to better products has increased thanks to capitalism.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Bernie Sanders
@SenSanders

·
Sep 2
Obviously, this figure has been adjusted for inflation.
Wages should only go up based on increased worker productivity/value in their jobs in this situation.
Obviously, this does not apply to UPS Union Drivers as the 1973 Driver wage was $3.32/hr and is now around $35/hr (not adjusted for inflation) or over 1000% while the cost of living has increased 556%.
GO TEAMSTERS!

Last edited: