I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

you are a prime example of how the internet has not led to knowledge LOL
You're a prime example of why our education system is failing us. Sea level is sea level. You don't get a higher sea level in Miami than you do in Myrtle Beach or Boston. The water can be deeper in places based on the underlying continental shelf. But not higher.

rickyb

when i do physio or make food i listen to this program which talks about rigid thinking vs flow in term of comedy and me being the matrix lover i am i keep liking it to the matrix but what really amazes me is how all these things relate. im talking about flow of running water relating to philosophy taoism i believe.

rigid
  • adj.
    Not flexible or pliant; stiff: synonym: stiff.
  • adj.
    Not moving or flexing.
  • adj.
    Not changing or adjusting to different conditions or problems.
flow
  • intransitive verb
    To move or run smoothly with unbroken continuity, as in the manner characteristic of a fluid.
i feel like american economic thinking is really rigid. i think rigidity could be viewed as a strength depending on the context, but in this case i think its a weakness.

El Correcto

god is dead
when i do physio or make food i listen to this program which talks about rigid thinking vs flow in term of comedy and me being the matrix lover i am i keep liking it to the matrix but what really amazes me is how all these things relate. im talking about flow of running water relating to philosophy taoism i believe.

rigid
  • adj.
    Not flexible or pliant; stiff: synonym: stiff.
  • adj.
    Not moving or flexing.
  • adj.
    Not changing or adjusting to different conditions or problems.
flow
  • intransitive verb
    To move or run smoothly with unbroken continuity, as in the manner characteristic of a fluid.
i feel like american economic thinking is really rigid. i think rigidity could be viewed as a strength depending on the context, but in this case i think its a weakness.
Somehow you manage to spit out rigid communist philosophy in a flowing stream of bull:censored2:.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You're a prime example of why our education system is failing us. Sea level is sea level. You don't get a higher sea level in Miami than you do in Myrtle Beach or Boston. The water can be deeper in places based on the underlying continental shelf. But not higher.
Seas Do Not Rise Evenly—It Matters Which Glaciers Melt

The research relies on a fundamental fact about the physics of planet Earth—that is, that sea levels don't rise at the same uniform rates all around the world.

People sometimes make the mistake of thinking about the oceans as though they were all contained in a giant bathtub—add a little water from the faucet at one end, and the water level rises evenly throughout the tub. But in reality, there are many other complex physical factors affecting the movement of seawater around the globe
you are a prime example of how the internet has not led to knowledge LOL
Apparently

rickyb

The research relies on a fundamental fact about the physics of planet Earth—that is, that sea levels don't rise at the same uniform rates all around the world.

People sometimes make the mistake of thinking about the oceans as though they were all contained in a giant bathtub—add a little water from the faucet at one end, and the water level rises evenly throughout the tub. But in reality, there are many other complex physical factors affecting the movement of seawater around the globe

Apparently
DONT FORGET @vantexan

rickyb

a brief history of free market ideology in america and they describe the nature of the modern workplace. hedges says your constitutional rights are violated.

vantexan

Apparently
Prove it.

rickyb

Big difference between different oceans and comparing Miami with Boston.
this convo reminds me of that religious BC member i think flush or whatever his name is where he thinks things are organized because christianity told him, and meanwhile im reading biology book and they say the universe bends towards disorganization the same way things become a mess.

rickyb

in the big short, it was about hte housing bubble popping. i view the election of obama and trump a political bubble popping. and brad pitts character in the big short speaks of a civilization bubble popping which i also agree with.