I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Scott Hechinger
@ScottHech

·
7h
People I represent get arrested & jailed for missing a single courtdate for sleeping late, inability to afford $2.75 subway, another appointment they had to make, or just forgetting. They “see what happens.” It’s never a question whether the law will get enforced against them.
Quote Tweet
19QbYCgF_normal.jpg

ABC News
@abc
· 8h
JUST IN: Rudy Giuliani tells @abc News he is not complying with congressional subpoena. “If they enforce it, then we will see what happens," he says. Pence, Giuliani defy demands by Congress for documents

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
philosopher kant says people like to lie to themselves...
I see you very strongly believe that projection.

Definitely a projection that acclamation has declared 'Accepted As Fact'.

I imagine a great number of our 'Accepted As Fact' beliefs will fall apart as 'n'* approaches infinity.

* 'n' is the passage of time on an ever increasing interval of years as the 'smallest unit of measure'.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
hes probably being sarcastic.
Someone who champions slimy bb conglomerates screwing what's left of entrepreneurship and small business in this country must be on drugs, called corporate kool-aid

Freedom of choice, that's Murica. Loving our forty brands of potato chips...that's what really matters

El Correcto

god is dead
joker was right, the world is getting crazier:

Bill O'Reilly
@BillOReilly

·
1h
Bernie wants a “political revolution” because capitalism is destroying the world.
I kind of hate how people who see themselves as morally good people wanting to destroy unjust societies relate themselves to the joker.
Ditto for the people who post Facebook memes comparing their relationship or desires to harlequin and the joker.

bunch of delusional nutjobs.

vantexan

Someone who champions slimy bb conglomerates screwing what's left of entrepreneurship and small business in this country must be on drugs, called corporate kool-aid

Freedom of choice, that's Murica. Loving our forty brands of potato chips...that's what really matters
Most major corporations started as small businesses. Plenty of people start as small time entrepreneurs who build a bigger company because they do whatever better. Doesn't matter whether they have 100 employees or a million, the guys who take the risks and build a successful business are the ones rewarded, not the guy who's content to work 40 hours, just wants to watch tv and have a beer. Too many of those guys complain about how unfair it all is.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Most major corporations started as small businesses. Plenty of people start as small time entrepreneurs who a bigger company because they do whatever better. Doesn:t matter whether they have 100 employees or a million, the guys who take the risks and build a successful business are the ones rewarded, not the guy who's content to work 40 hours, just wants to watch tv and have a beer. Too many of those guys complain about how unfair it all is.
The entire Democratic party is in the midst of an anti capitalism brainwashing. Businesses=Bad.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Most major corporations started as small businesses. Plenty of people start as small time entrepreneurs who build a bigger company because they do whatever better. Doesn't matter whether they have 100 employees or a million, the guys who take the risks and build a successful business are the ones rewarded, not the guy who's content to work 40 hours, just wants to watch tv and have a beer. Too many of those guys complain about how unfair it all is.
Meanwhile these conglomerates write the very laws they operate under. You seem to think everyone blue collar wants to be punching a clock, sitting around watching tv,drinking beer and mailing it in, so to speak.. It's really sad that is how people see the world and its expectations of others.

vantexan

Meanwhile these conglomerates write the very laws they operate under. You seem to think everyone blue collar wants to be punching a clock, sitting around watching tv,drinking beer and mailing it in, so to speak.. It's really sad that is how people see the world and its expectations of others.
No, but if they don't pursue avenues available to them to do better financially, just expect the companies they work for give them the kind of life they want, they're going to be perpetually disappointed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I worked for 29 years at FedEx and was perpetually disappointed for 2/3rds of that time. But they didn't owe me a great
living.
Of course not, that is a systematic issue though. Pretty basic economics. When you have 50 employers in a town and four monopolies undercut their competition, opportunity diminishes, suppliers are squeezed, wages decrease, businesses fail. I always cringe when corporatist "conservatives" spout the free market stuff but then work with and ironically push through the very laws that suffocate free markets and spontaneous enterprise.

I consider myself fiscally conservative, too