I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

Of course not, that is a systematic issue though. Pretty basic economics. When you have 50 employers in a town and four monopolies undercut their competition, opportunity diminishes, suppliers are squeezed, wages decrease, businesses fail. I always cringe when corporatist "conservatives" spout the free market stuff but then work with and ironically push through the very laws that suffocate free markets and spontaneous enterprise.

I consider myself fiscally conservative, too
It's a matter of how things are vs how you want them to be. Bottom line is companies close doors because they can't compete. Who decides that? The consumer. Judging by the unemployment rate jobs can be found. Up to the jobseeker to be qualified for better jobs. Want a better life? Earn it.

vantexan

Of course not, that is a systematic issue though. Pretty basic economics. When you have 50 employers in a town and four monopolies undercut their competition, opportunity diminishes, suppliers are squeezed, wages decrease, businesses fail. I always cringe when corporatist "conservatives" spout the free market stuff but then work with and ironically push through the very laws that suffocate free markets and spontaneous enterprise.

I consider myself fiscally conservative, too
Systemic.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's a matter of how things are vs how you want them to be. Bottom line is companies close doors because they can't compete. Who decides that? The consumer. Judging by the unemployment rate jobs can be found. Up to the jobseeker to be qualified for better jobs. Want a better life? Earn it.
Disagree.

I meant systematic, still

sys·tem·at·ic
/ˌsistəˈmadik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
done or acting according to a fixed plan or system; methodical

vantexan

The consumer may have been king in the 40's or before, something like that, but those days are long gone in most of the civilized world. Unless....drugs.
Lol
The consumer, or customer, whether an individual, another business, or the government, is the reason business exists. Not sure why you don't understand that.

rickyb

I kind of hate how people who see themselves as morally good people wanting to destroy unjust societies relate themselves to the joker.
Ditto for the people who post Facebook memes comparing their relationship or desires to harlequin and the joker.

bunch of delusional nutjobs.
yea i dont like violence only in self defence. im not sure how it works with war.

people have a death instinct and a life instinct, so its quite natural they can relate to the joker. this system can bring out the worst in people. joker is an agent of change, and when people are typically powerless and live quite meaningless lives, its nice to escape in a character like the joker.

you might feel like destroying everything, but its wrong to do that through violence.

rickyb

The consumer, or customer, whether an individual, another business, or the government, is the reason business exists. Not sure why you don't understand that.
yes and the workers too.

workers are the reason some people are rich. they might not be the sole reason, but a good part. if you need workers to run a job then you depend on them. but workers dont have to depend on a boss, like a slave doesnt have to depend on a master, or a serf doesnt have to depend on lord, like a subject doesnt have to depend on a dictator.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Meanwhile these conglomerates write the very laws they operate under. You seem to think everyone blue collar wants to be punching a clock, sitting around watching tv,drinking beer and mailing it in, so to speak.. It's really sad that is how people see the world and its expectations of others.
That's because the Swamp is bought by the Corporations.

rickyb

IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES, IT WAS THE WORST OF TIMES:

Public Citizen
@Public_Citizen

·
10h
An update on our "record" economy:

39% of Americans have $0 in savings

Families put up to 30% of their income toward child care

40% of Americans hold a second job

1 in 4 people make less than $10/hour

Meanwhile, CEO pay increased at 2x the rate of ordinary wages last year.

Quote Tweet
kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 17h
Our record Economy would CRASH, just like in 1929, if any of those clowns became President!

rickyb

welfare queens:

Public Citizen
@Public_Citizen

·
Oct 15
Amazon income: $11B Federal income taxes paid: $0

GM income: $4.3B Federal income taxes paid: $0

Molson Coors income: $1.3B Federal income taxes paid: $0 Netflix income: $856M Federal income taxes paid: $0

RT if you paid at least 1 cent in federal income taxes in 2018.

rickyb

AND YOU MUST BE THE MONOPOLY GUYYYY:

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
1. There is a crisis of capitalism right now, and that is the overriding problem in our world. No one trusts our economic system, it is abusive to everyone attached to it, even the super-rich. This system is branded as capitalism, but really it is a system of monopolies.

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
Replying to
@matthewstoller
2. Since I started working on the monopoly problem, I've learned of monopolies *everywhere.* There's the big stuff, like airlines who can kill cities by changing airline routes. And Google, Facebook, and Amazon organizing our public commons. But monopolies exist in small markets.

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
3. Business software is rife with concentrated power. Microsoft is killing Zoom and Slack with its inferior yet free offerings.

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
4. There's a voting machine oligopoly.

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
5. People know about too big to fail banks, but one reason smaller banks have trouble competing with the big guys is because of the *bank software monopoly.*

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
6. The syringe market has a huge monopoly problem.

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
7. Candy. Pet and Pet Supplies Stores. Ambulance manufacturing. Coffins. Baby Formula. Dialysis. Concentrated market power is in every single nook and cranny of our culture.

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
8. Today I learned there's a comic book distribution monopoly that picks and chooses which comic books get into stores.

Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller

·
Oct 15
9. Monopolies crush our culture and lead to centralization and censorship. The power of artists in Hollywood is right now being destroyed by consolidation.

rickyb

i didnt pay any taxes last year because im not american:

Public Citizen
@Public_Citizen

·
Oct 19
What corporations paid in federal income tax under in 2018: Amazon: $0 Chevron: $0 Delta: $0 Deere: $0 Eli Lilly: $0 GM: $0 Goodyear: $0 Halliburton: $0 IBM: $0 JetBlue: $0 Molson Coors: $0 Netflix: $0 RT if you paid at least 1 cent in federal income taxes last year.

rickyb

Bottom Line: Society doesn't like to be reminded of the world it lives in so it masks itself with false imagery of the finer things - youtube user on joker movie.

rickyb

it can be hard for some people to rap their heads around the demand that we need to take power from the few (capitalists and government) and give it to the many ie workers and people:
Ryan Saavedra on Twitter

Ryan Saavedra
@RealSaavedra

Ocasio-Cortez: "We need an, uh, uh, a United States that really, truly, and authentically, is operated, owned, and decided by ... all people in the United States of America" AOC is essentially suggesting that property should be public property That is a core belief of communism