I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

It is actually, and puts us in the top across the globe.

The dignity of working to support yourself and your family is something I hope you get to experience some day. Your laziness and crying will prevent that.
millennials are considering not having a family because rampant consumerism, capitalism, and narcissism have given a life expectancy of 20-30 years for future generations.

great going!

and you make no account of highest cost of living in US in some areas which i have already mentioned.

vantexan

millennials are considering not having a family because rampant consumerism, capitalism, and narcissism have given a life expectancy of 20-30 years for future generations.

great going!

and you make no account of highest cost of living in US in some areas which i have already mentioned.
That's just silly.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Life expectancy in the United States is 78 years. Again, you have been lied to by the people you listen to on Twitter.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

great going!

Only if they are as stupid and ignorant as you.

rickyb

Life expectancy in the United States is 78 years. Again, you have been lied to by the people you listen to on Twitter.
anyone who is born today is not going to live 78 years the way we are going, so those numbers are obviously wrong. and btw if the US is the greatest country, why are the numbers relatively low compared to other developed countries?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
anyone who is born today is not going to live 78 years the way we are going, so those numbers are obviously wrong.
Why not, because you say so?
Because your Twitter crybaby heroes say so?

Bro, you are in a death cult. These fatalists you listen to are selling you propaganda. You need to stop listening to those fools and live your life.

rickyb

Why not, because you say so?
Because your Twitter crybaby heroes say so?

Bro, you are in a death cult. These fatalists you listen to are selling you propaganda. You need to stop listening to those fools and live your life.
just depends on what you believe.

you think we are not in a climate emergency. i do. we live in a complex society and they tend to collapse. its called the progress trap. oldmanjingles and i have found the greatest meaning in our lives donating to our causes.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
anyone who is born today is not going to live 78 years the way we are going, so those numbers are obviously wrong. and btw if the US is the greatest country, why are the numbers relatively low compared to other developed countries?
You are such a moe.ron!
Your generation will live longer and enjoy a healthier life than any generation in history.

moeron-threestooges.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
most people are stupid at some things. the ones who think they are smart are really stupid.
I agree with that ... I worked harder because I thought I was inferior.
I was determined to succeed in spite of my shortcomings.
My achievements in life came from educating myself after college and being very disciplined.
My IQ may not be as high as Obama or Trump, but hard work can overcome limitations ... you wouldn't understand.

I bought two copies of the below when I was in college and kept it one on my desk at UPS and on my desk at home.
No thought has influenced my life more than this quote from President Coolidge!

quote-nothing-in-this-world-can-take-the-place-of-persistence-talent-will-not-nothing-is-more-calvin-coolidge-6-34-55.jpg

Last edited:

rickyb

I agree with that ... I worked harder because I thought I was inferior.
I was determined to succeed in spite of my shortcomings.
My achievements in life came from educating myself after college and being very disciplined.
My IQ may not be as high as Obama or Trump, but hard work can overcome limitations ... you wouldn't understand.

I bought two copies of the below when I was in college and kept it one my desk at UPS and on my desk at home.
No thought has influenced my life more than this quote from President Coolidge!

quote-nothing-in-this-world-can-take-the-place-of-persistence-talent-will-not-nothing-is-more-calvin-coolidge-6-34-55.jpg
well you may be wrong about persistence but im a huge believer in it as well. im not naive enough to say that if a person in teh 3rd world fails, its because they werent persistent enough. same for poor people in 1st world. its not a level playing field. george w bush repeatedly :censored2:s up before hes president, and gets chance after chance because hes rich and connected. but when youre poor and you :censored2: up, its over.

what i should say is we are kicking way too many people when theyre down and getting too many jokers because of it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
well you may be wrong about persistence but im a huge believer in it as well. im not naive enough to say that if a person in teh 3rd world fails, its because they werent persistent enough. same for poor people in 1st world. its not a level playing field. george w bush repeatedly :censored2:s up before hes president, and gets chance after chance because hes rich and connected. but when youre poor and you :censored2: up, its over.
So how do you explain foreign people who come to this country, with just the clothes on their backs, who succeed and become wealthy if not for persistence?