I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

I just drove from Chicago to Phoenix, leaving at 1730 Central Time Wednesday and arriving at 0825 Friday, almost 1800 miles. You don't have enough personal time?
nope, be safe, and that sounds like a trip!

i walk the dog for 1 hour on work days, eat, study, and i find i dont have enough time off. 3 days off would be better.

rickyb

spoiler alert:

joker lives in a :censored2:ed up society and has mental illness and at the end of the movie people who are most engaged in politics are worshiping him.

maybe this relates to real life too.

vantexan

so basically no one is willing to put in the work according to you because its not working well for at least half the population.

and im not talking about whether it works well ecologically.
Are they starving? Naked? No roof over their heads? You live in a fantasy world where everyone has beautiful homes, expensive cars, amazing lifestyle. Truth is those things come at a cost, and if you aren't willing to pay it then you have to accept a mediocre life. Which in the U.S. is still better for most of the poor than in most countries. Do you think there haven't been politicians advocating for the poor in the U.S. before Bernie Sanders and AOC? What have they changed? There just isn't enough money to go around to give everyone a great life and the more people they let in from overseas the more downward pressure on wages. So to have a life you're happy with you have to compete, get training, put yourself out there, work hard. Anything less and you better hope for a rich relative to leave you money or hit the lottery.

El Correcto

god is dead
spoiler alert:

joker lives in a :censored2:ed up society and has mental illness and at the end of the movie people who are most engaged in politics are worshiping him.

maybe this relates to real life too.
This is why I’m waiting for a good bootleg on the internet to stream that movie. I don’t support the joker and people who are obsessed with that character.

you’ve been rambling about that movie since it came out, move on already.

rickyb

This is why I’m waiting for a good bootleg on the internet to stream that movie. I don’t support the joker and people who are obsessed with that character.

you’ve been rambling about that movie since it came out, move on already.
its a big deal and worth thinking about. i dont support sadism either or liberation through violence, although its necessary sometimes.