I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I agree with that ... I worked harder because I thought I was inferior.
I was determined to succeed in spite of my shortcomings.
My achievements in life came from educating myself after college and being very disciplined.
My IQ may not be as high as Obama or Trump, but hard work can overcome limitations ... you wouldn't understand.

I bought two copies of the below when I was in college and kept it one my desk at UPS and on my desk at home.
No thought has influenced my life more than this quote from President Coolidge!

quote-nothing-in-this-world-can-take-the-place-of-persistence-talent-will-not-nothing-is-more-calvin-coolidge-6-34-55.jpg
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

rickyb

So how do you explain foreign people who come to this country, with just the clothes on their backs, who succeed and become wealthy if not for persistence?
luck as well. god given talent as well. lets stop kicking people when theyre down, and placing all the blame on individuals if they fail. the system should not be absolved of blame.

i agree youre more likely to be successful in america than the 3rd world. and thats not because of persistence, thats because of factors beyond the individual.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
luck as well. god given talent as well. lets stop kicking people when theyre down, and placing all the blame on individuals if they fail. the system should not be absolved of blame.

i agree youre more likely to be successful in america than the 3rd world. and thats not because of persistence, thats because of factors beyond the individual.
Nope. Persistence is key.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I agree with that ... I worked harder because I thought I was inferior.
I was determined to succeed in spite of my shortcomings.
My achievements in life came from educating myself after college and being very disciplined.
My IQ may not be as high as Obama or Trump, but hard work can overcome limitations ... you wouldn't understand.

I bought two copies of the below when I was in college and kept it one my desk at UPS and on my desk at home.
No thought has influenced my life more than this quote from President Coolidge!

quote-nothing-in-this-world-can-take-the-place-of-persistence-talent-will-not-nothing-is-more-calvin-coolidge-6-34-55.jpg
Said in the most boring, monotone way possible.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i agree youre more likely to be successful in america than the 3rd world. I AGREE
and thats not because of persistence, thats because of factors beyond the individual. Total BullCrap!
That's where you are so obviously wrong.
It is because of both factors, that one succeeds.

I agree that there are pockets of 3rd world existence in America ... mostly the Inner part of Big Cities. Appalachia has it's pockets as well.
However, I know people who are successful that came from these pockets of third world existence in the USA.
They all left their 3rd world existence and migrated to where there was opportunity.
The losers stayed behind living with their parents.

vantexan

well you may be wrong about persistence but im a huge believer in it as well. im not naive enough to say that if a person in teh 3rd world fails, its because they werent persistent enough. same for poor people in 1st world. its not a level playing field. george w bush repeatedly :censored2:s up before hes president, and gets chance after chance because hes rich and connected. but when youre poor and you :censored2: up, its over.

what i should say is we are kicking way too many people when theyre down and getting too many jokers because of it.
How rich does one have to be?

rickyb

I was thinking what if you were foreclosed on and losing the house because of Wall Street fraud and what would happen if people didn't buy foreclosed houses. would the bank still take the house away from the person they were foreclosing on?

rickyb

is it christian to try and rip people off? is it christian to try and sell things for as much money as possible? would jesus do this?

i dont think so

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
your future career is a US nazi soldier for a camp of single mothers. you will say "no crying" "no safe spaces!", "toughen up or stay down!"
Definitely not the Nazi part but I’d have no problem telling a single mom to toughen up. She’d have to for she and her child/ren to survive. Fact of life.