I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

im not sure where steve keen stands on how much power workers should have, i think he supports capitalism in that aspect:
::⚠ Profanity:::

Box Ox

from semi anti capitalist movie:

Tony Montana: You know what capitalism is? Getting :censored2:ed!

D9D125E7-DE4D-4CD0-9D86-CCADFF9539D5.jpeg

vantexan

show me a diagram of economic end game
You're born>You have a hopefully happy childhood>You go out into the real world>You discover you're not one of the lucky few who love their jobs>You make the best of it, slogging through until retirement>You hopefully have a happy second childhood>You die.

It will be fine

You're born>You have a hopefully happy childhood>You go out into the real world>You discover you're not one of the lucky few who love their jobs>You make the best of it, slogging through until retirement>You hopefully have a happy second childhood>You die.
So, you’re a “life is suffering” type of guy. Sounds miserable.

vantexan

So, you’re a “life is suffering” type of guy. Sounds miserable.
Ask your employees. What I wrote probably describes 60-70% of the country. Your type thinks that you'll bring utopia to Earth. Left up to you the percentage of unhappy bumps up to 98% and those 60-70% I mentioned will suffer untold misery. There's a difference between being unhappy about your work situation and facing food shortages, power outages, inadequate health infrastructure.

It will be fine

Ask your employees. What I wrote probably describes 60-70% of the country. Your type thinks that you'll bring utopia to Earth. Left up to you the percentage of unhappy bumps up to 98% and those 60-70% I mentioned will suffer untold misery. There's a difference between being unhappy about your work situation and facing food shortages, power outages, inadequate health infrastructure.
Your best case scenario is slogging through life professionally unfulfilled to get to your eventual lonely death. Some of us have higher hopes.

rickyb

we've been trying to figure out why for the job part. any ideas?

when you go to the eye doctor, they give you different lenses and it gives you perspective to know which is actually better. when i listen to music, sometimes ill turn the bass up or down to get perspective to see which is better. but with the second part we dont get perspective, were only told about communism and slavery, and we think theres no other option not to mention not getting to experience it.

vantexan

Your best case scenario is slogging through life professionally unfulfilled to get to your eventual lonely death. Some of us have higher hopes.
Professionally unfulfilled? Tell me again how fulfilled your employees are? Even UPS drivers in spite of high pay and great benefits don't seem happy with it judging by Brown Cafe. You know what's fulfilling? Freedom. I may not have a great pension but I'm fine not working for the likes of you.

vantexan

we've been trying to figure out why for the job part. any ideas?

when you go to the eye doctor, they give you different lenses and it gives you perspective to know which is actually better. when i listen to music, sometimes ill turn the bass up or down to get perspective to see which is better. but with the second part we dont get perspective, were only told about communism and slavery, and we think theres no other option not to mention not getting to experience it.
I've told you I've been to a bunch of former communist countries. They had nothing under communism. Not just material goods, but they also had food insecurity. They had little self determination in their lives. You think you know. You don't.

rickyb

I've told you I've been to a bunch of former communist countries. They had nothing under communism. Not just material goods, but they also had food insecurity. They had little self determination in their lives. You think you know. You don't.
well fair enough but thats not what i asked. i said do you have any solutions? i know youre in favor of unions and i am too but ive never done a job that was unionized and just.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
wonder what hte inequality and poverty in those states compares to current america. america is really bad, inequality worse than the egyptian pharoahs.
Yes, African Americans should pay reparations to Jewish people for the enslavement of their ancestors in Egypt. It's the only way to fix systemic racism against the Jews.....