I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

free market failures. in every other developed country they get a year off because the government plans it by law. you can square this with pro lifers. if republicans really cared about life they would protect it after its born too LOL :

Everyone should have a shot at paid family leave (opinion) - CNN.com

Only 13% of private sector employees have access to paid family leave, and millions of Americans don't get even a single day of paid time for caregiving.

Only 4% of low-wage working people get paid family leave. And the sad truth is that today in America one in four new mothers is back at work just 10 days after childbirth.

rickyb

unions should do a better job at building class consciousness amongst their workers.

they should post how much the CEO makes per year and per hour, how much the company profited off each worker, collective agreements workers get in other more developed countries, etc.

rickyb

David Cay Johnston Retweeted
Shadow Cabinet‏ @ShadowingTrump Apr 10

``So there is a class war & the .1% is winning, says new data. Any chance this affects revised tax plan of the new more 'moderate' Trump?``

C9D7uQ4WAAEEdFc.jpg

rickyb

when you take orders from a boss / capitalist all the time it can be demobilizing. combine that with a broken political system (which doesnt work partly because of capitalism) and people really dont believe in anything or even trying.

for example, my friend went to a private music college and got raped with tuition costs and feels like the HR person who got him to sign up was being dishonest but anyways he wouldnt even write a review on google about it; as far as i know he did nothing.

my dads dealing with some real estate management and contractors and theres only 1 review of each even though they probably tried to screw over alot of people.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
free market failures. in every other developed country they get a year off because the government plans it by law. you can square this with pro lifers. if republicans really cared about life they would protect it after its born too LOL :

Only 13% of private sector employees have access to paid family leave, and millions of Americans don't get even a single day of paid time for caregiving.

Only 4% of low-wage working people get paid family leave. And the sad truth is that today in America one in four new mothers is back at work just 10 days after childbirth.
So the message here is the failure of individuals? bad choices?

im saying the workers themselves should vote on what they should be paid with what they produced each hour. and they should vote on what to do with the extra money, and vote on how to run our workplace. that would actually be democratic.

get the straws out of our milkshakes.
The going rate for labor around here seems to be about $12-$14 an hour. My contractor charges $50 an hour for carpenters and $30 for laborers.

unions should do a better job at building class consciousness amongst their workers.

they should post how much the CEO makes per year and per hour, how much the company profited off each worker, collective agreements workers get in other more developed countries, etc.
Because the worker is too stupid to look it up? The CEO works for the BOD.

As far as I know, I have never known anyone in the private sector that has/had paid family leave. Seems like a distraction from far more important issues. Many Americans get 12 weeks unpaid family leave.

wkmac

i was giving an example of how when the government plans or regulates it can be more beneficial than when you rely on the free market.

Being that gov't economic policies, regulations and plans are often one example of why worker coops and worker managed enterprises have such an uphill struggle, aren't you actually advocating against your own interests?

Seem to me since the present economic reality wants nothing whatsoever to do with free markets and it wants nothing to do with worker coops or worker managed enterprises, you might need to rethink where your loyalties lay. Or are you falling for free market rhetoric used to hide economic reality?

rickyb

Being that gov't economic policies, regulations and plans are often one example of why worker coops and worker managed enterprises have such an uphill struggle, aren't you actually advocating against your own interests?

Seem to me since the present economic reality wants nothing whatsoever to do with free markets and it wants nothing to do with worker coops or worker managed enterprises, you might need to rethink where your loyalties lay. Or are you falling for free market rhetoric used to hide economic reality?
yea i am a bit of a mixed bag, id have to hear more from the best libertarians how things like this would work with highly organized worker controlled society with no state. i am a libertarian and alot of this is speculation.

even though that post did not come from richard wolff (it came from yours truly) thats a point he would have made and hes also likely a libertarian.

Last edited:

rickyb

Alternative Facts
im serious. look up EPI's "no vacation nation" and you will see another example of where theres no law in america for paid vacation and how workers take alot less because it is left to the market, whereas in other countries they have vacation laws and the workers take alot more.

rickyb

As far as I know, I have never known anyone in the private sector that has/had paid family leave. Seems like a distraction from far more important issues. Many Americans get 12 weeks unpaid family leave.
interesting; thats on the low end relative to other developed countries.

rickyb

the capitalist apocalypse is coming!

an automated truck drove from italy to UK. there are roughly 5 million jobs in america which are either taxi, trucks, and uber. the social tension will be too much when this happens. ill be suprised if there are no semi major changes to the economy after this happens to reform the system and keep the money flowing to the capitalists.

aside from that the economy has innumerable bubbles and a broken banking system which will also bring things to a halt.

im guessing at least 1 of these will happen during the trump presidency and it will overshadow whatever little good he will do. recessions always happen and we are overdue for one.