C-Yy10ZXkAE8FBy.jpg

decline, decline, decline:

Conrad Hackett‏Verified account @conradhackett 1h1 hour ago

Household income of high school educated 25-32 year olds
1979 50k
1986 48k
1995 45k
2013 40k
(median adjusted household income, 2012 $)

C-Y3iD0XsAM9tH6.jpg
Here's another opinion.

Age of Head of Household

Median Household Income

15-24. $34,645

25-34. $54,305

35-44. $66,770

45-54. $70,913

55-64. $60,650

65 and over. $36,937

SOURCE: U.S. CENSUS BUREAU.

Here's the Average American Household Income -- How Do You Compare? -- The Motley Fool

wkmac

decline, decline, decline:

Conrad Hackett‏Verified account @conradhackett 1h1 hour ago

Household income of high school educated 25-32 year olds
1979 50k
1986 48k
1995 45k
2013 40k
(median adjusted household income, 2012 $)

C-Y3iD0XsAM9tH6.jpg

Is that saying something about economics or the decline in centralized education structures? My son is learning to be an abhorist via an apprenticeship and once done he can earn more than me and better yet be self employed which is what I wanted for him. He didn't learn such things in any school.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is that saying something about economics or the decline in centralized education structures? My son is learning to be an arborist via an apprenticeship and once done he can earn more than me and better yet be self employed which is what I wanted for him. He didn't learn such things in any school.
An education can be in the classroom or on the job/in the field.

rickyb

Is that saying something about economics or the decline in centralized education structures? My son is learning to be an abhorist via an apprenticeship and once done he can earn more than me and better yet be self employed which is what I wanted for him. He didn't learn such things in any school.
you know i dont call myself an expert on anything especially education but i know the education system has declined because my pops did mech engineering at the same technical institute as me but back then they taught clockwork orange in his class and things like that. mine was just geared towards whatever career i chose. ive been skeptical of the education system before i became interested in politics. i dont trust government state media for its own population (although its probably better than the big corporate media), so perhaps we can say the same about education? who knows. finland is doing good apparently.

id say both are to blame.

i think if people want to really learn something they have to put effort into searching for answers themselves.

im guessing more people want to be self employed than to be an employee and i think that might say something about capitalists profiting off their workers and people might not like that even though they may like capitalism.

rickyb

How has the measure of "Percent in Poverty" changed from 1979 to 2012?

Many of these charts like this are the result more of rising "poverty" levels than declining annual income/wages.
hopefully they made sure it was the same measure.

i remember hearing that reagan and clinton both changed the way they measured unemployment rates to make the numbers look better.

rickyb

Oh yeah, no doubt. At least republicans are more honest and don't hide the fact of what they are while democrats pretend to be one thing and then do another. They talk a great game but rarely put in skin in it. If they did, the whole public conversation would be vastly different.
im an equal opportunity critic. baffles me how people vote for either of these parties, unless your not paying attention or paying attention to the wrong sources.

theres this guy at my work and he doesnt use a reference system for his sources, he pretty much just reads anything he already agrees with or what people like on his facebook feed.

Last edited: